Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0.1 backup failed ERROR(288)

cminard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I run LMS 3.0.1 (installed last year). The daily backups were OK until a couple of weeks.

When trying to manually backup, I have the same error :

Backup failed

Reason ERROR(288): no database files available for the installed applications. Nothing to backup.

Any help, please

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like you have destroyed the contents of NMSROOT/backup/manifest. If this is the case, you either need to restore this directory from a OS file system backup, or reinstall all of LMS. The NMSROOT/backup directory must NEVER be touched.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like you have destroyed the contents of NMSROOT/backup/manifest. If this is the case, you either need to restore this directory from a OS file system backup, or reinstall all of LMS. The NMSROOT/backup directory must NEVER be touched.

Hi

After reinstalling LMS and reimporting the last backuped databases, it works again.

I don't know how the directory could have been destroyed as I am not the only one to access the server ...

Thanks

Caroline

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: