Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0.1 Campus Manager

Peter Valdes
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Regarding Device Trap Configuration on LMS 3.0.1, I tried to setup for SMNP trap to configure the ports via Campus Manager Interface but selecting switch device and port ID but it keeps failing on me when I check the RME job browser.

I know this can be setup via CLI but I would like to know first what I have miss cause I will be setting this up globally before we go live on LMS.

RME Credentials is the LMS server itself running Campus Manager.

I also notice that I cannot change switchport access VLAN on switches. Is there another setup that I was meant to complete before proceeding with CM setup?

BTW, I have also setup SNMP Trap Forwarding using the LMS server IP Address with the default port 162.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This means that DCR does not have the correct telnet password and enable password for this device. Verify your DCR credentials, and try the job again.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On what switches, and what version of code are you trying to enable MAC address notification traps?

How are you trying to change the access ports? What error do you get?

If you are already forwarding MAC address notifications to the LMS server on port 162, and DFM is configured to forward traps to Campus on port 1431, then you shouldn't have to worry about additional switch configuration.

Device: 10.0.0.2 Status: Failed

*** Device Details for 10.0.0.2 ***

Protocol ==> Unknown / Not Applicable

Selected Protocols with order ==> Telnet,TFTP,SSH,HTTPS

Execution Result:

CM0107 Import the config file to PRIMARY Running Config on device failed Cause: CM0070 Copy Config to device failed on 10.0.0.2 Cause:

TFTP: Failed on the device.

Failed to detect SSH version running on the device.

Action: Check device credentials and reachability.

CM0056 Config fetch failed for 10.0.0.2 Cause: TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 10.0.0.2 - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times.

PRIMARY-RUNNING config Fetch Operation failed for TFTP.

Failed to detect SSH version running on the device.

Failed to fetch config using RCP.Verify RCP is enabled or not.

Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed.

CLI Output

No CLI Output for this job

I'm sure this is causing it "CM0056 Config fetch failed for 10.0.0.2 Cause: TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 10.0.0.2 - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times."

Our switch do not have username set to it for local or TACAC+. We only use telnet password and enable password to login.

This means that DCR does not have the correct telnet password and enable password for this device. Verify your DCR credentials, and try the job again.

Hi jclarke,

Can I change the DCR credential under Common Service -> Device and Credentials -> Device Management?

That's exactly where you need to change the credentials.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: