Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0.1 : device discovers impossible

ogor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed LMS 3.0 and LMS 3.0.1 update but no CS discoverying are possible same things in RME and CM.

Please find attached the pdshow.log and CSDiscovery.log

Note: Cacti is also installed on this server. Server Windwos 2003 Standard edition

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Shutdown Daemon Manager, then delete NMSROOT/conf/csidiscovery/DiscoveryStatusObj, then remove the contents of CSDiscovery.log. Then restart Daemon Manager, and see if you can run Discovery. If not, try:

pdexec CSDiscovery

The GUI should update, and Discovery should be running. After it completes, try running Discovery from the GUI again.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of DFM do you have installed on this server?

Hi JClarke,

DFM is in version 3.0.2

Olivier

Upgrade to 3.0.5, and this problem should go away.

ok, I'm downloading the 3.0.5 DFM version.

CACTI is not a problem installed on the same server as LMS ?

Olivier

Hi,

Here my module versions, what other updates do you preconized me to avoid any problems in the future ?

1. CiscoWorks Common Services 3.1.1

2. Campus Manager 5.0.2

3. CiscoView 6.1.7

4. CiscoWorks Assistant 1.0.1

5. Device Fault Manager 3.0.2

6. Internetwork Performance Monitor 4.0.1

7. Integration Utility 1.7.1

8. LMS Portal 1.0.1

9. Resource Manager Essentials 4.1.1

Thanks

Olivier

You should consider updating to CM 5.0.5, but that will have no bearing on the resource problem you're currently seeing.

Hi JClarke,

I have updated the DFM but the problem is still the same :(

No device discovered in my CS ?

Olivier

Post the new CSDiscovery.log.

no change in the CSDicovery.log :(

How much memory is installed on this server? How much memory is free? what are the full specs of this server?

Hi,

Windows 2003 standard

RAM is 4Go

Intel Xeon CPU at 3ghz (Dual CPU 3ghz sum 6Ghz)

SCSI Hard drive 70Go free on the LMS partition and 10Go free on the C: (dedicated to Windows)

Best regards

Olivier

Shutdown Daemon Manager, then delete NMSROOT/conf/csidiscovery/DiscoveryStatusObj, then remove the contents of CSDiscovery.log. Then restart Daemon Manager, and see if you can run Discovery. If not, try:

pdexec CSDiscovery

The GUI should update, and Discovery should be running. After it completes, try running Discovery from the GUI again.

Hi JClarke,

After the deleting of NMSROOT/conf/csidiscovery/DiscoveryStatusObj and clear the CSDiscovery.log nothing was discovered.

But simply after the manual launch with pdexec CSDiscovery now the discovery throught the GUI seems to work correctly.

So that is the GUI is not working well for CS.

Many Thanks for your help, I will check now if the schedule discoveries will work alone.

bye

Olivier

No.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: