cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0.1 Discovery Hangs

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

I am having an issue in LMS 3.0.1 where the CS Device Discovery jobs hang and do not discover anything new. The discovery jobs show running in the job listing, but if I go to the Device Discovery Summary it says Recent discovery information not found. The discovery jobs never complete and show running for days until manually stopped. Devices already in CS stay there and in other apps, but new discoveries will not work. Has anyone else run into this? Best I can tell this started after we updated to 3.0.1 with the december 2007 update. Let me know if you have any ideas?

19 Replies 19

Thanks for the info. I read the informational thread and it appears you can overlay 3.1 eval version (downloaded) over 3.0.1. However the actual online information states it can only be used for a clean install with no existing versions of LMS already installed. Have you actually overlayed the Windows eval version over 3.0.1? As stated I did read the thread but it never states whether or not the overlayed install was successful. Again thank you for your information! Greatly appreciated.

I actually tried to get TAC to post the upgrade files for 3.1 for me, they would not do so and told me that the eval version would not use my license file and I must use the upgrade tool.

That is really intersting!!

I did it at least 6 times - on windows and solaris - without any problem. The only difference between the eval and the 'original' version is the kind of licensing.

The eval version is restricted to run 90 day with 100 devices- there is no restriction in functionality.

Installing the license file gives you the same functionality without time restriction but restriction to the number of devices for which you have purchase LMS (100, 300, 1.5k. 5k, 10k)

But I understand that you are distrusful...

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&topicID=.ee71a02&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc16600

TAC won't post the upgrade because it is > 1GB;

and they won't support the *installation* of the eval version ...

as I said before, with a valid service contract you can order the DVD at

www.cisco.com/upgrade

OK, thanks. I will just go ahead with the DVD upgrade. In the event I encounter problems I will have a leg to stand on with TAC. Your time and consideration is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your response! I will go ahead with the DVD upgrade.