cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0.1 report in incorrect schedule

expe_0626
Level 1
Level 1

I have LMS 3.0.1 (modules versions CM 5.0, DFM 3.0, IPM 4.0, RME 4.1 and CS 3.1.1)

I already apply the fix (I install the cwcs3.1.x-win-CSCsl58580.zip) But do not work, because the report still it is in -5 GMT, the correct schedule is -3 GMT

I have to do something else??

I have another problem, I don't know that was after apply the fix. Now, do not work this services: DFMCTMStartup, RmeGatekeeper, DataPurge.

Thanks very much!

Best regards,

Jorgelina

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is a problem with Java and the Windows GMT-3 Buenos Aires timezone. I can reproduce your problem exactly by using that timezone on my Windows server. However, if I select the GMT-3 Georgetown timezone, I get the correct time in LMS (after a restart).

The issue is with Java, and not limited to CiscoWorks. Do you get a good time in LMS when you set your timezone to GMT-3 Georgetown?

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You also need to have the operating system patches applied to support your timezone. After that, reboot, and you should see the correct timezone reflected in LMS.

As for your process problem, please start a new thread.

Ah, ok.

I will do the steps again first applied the O.S. patch.

Maybe the process problem it is fixed after. Else I will start new thread.

Thanks very much!

best regards,

Jorgelina

I already install the patch DST but get the same situation.

First, I was installed the Windows patch KB951072 for Windows Server 2003 SP 2.

Restart windows.

Then install the LMS patch.

Restart windows.

And the schedule still -5 GMT

I attach the screen shot.

Any other idea?

thanks very much in advance!

What is the official Windows timezone of this server?

Is -03 GMT - Buenos Aires Argentina

There appears to be a Java issue with the new GMT-3 Buenos Aires time zone on Windows. The Georgetown entry works for me, but the Buenos Aires is always incorrectly offset. The problem is not limited to LMS.

Hi J. Clarke!!

sorry but I not satisfied with tour answer.

I searh on cisco web.

And find this:

CiscoWorks Time is not synchronized with System time. What should I do?

A. You should complete the following:

a. Edit the TIMEZONE file using the vi /etc/TIMEZONE command on a Solaris machine.

b. Set the TZ=standard_timezone. For example, you can specify TZ=MET.

c. Save the TIMEZONE file.

d. Reboot the machine.

But is for Solaris O.S. and I have Windows Server 2003 SP2. :/

In the other hand, I find a document say:

Table 2 Supported Server Time Zones and do not exist GMT -3 !!!

link:

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_common_services_software/3.1/release/windows

/notes/cs31_rn_win.html#wp1039999

thanks!

best regards,

Jorgelina

There is a problem with Java and the Windows GMT-3 Buenos Aires timezone. I can reproduce your problem exactly by using that timezone on my Windows server. However, if I select the GMT-3 Georgetown timezone, I get the correct time in LMS (after a restart).

The issue is with Java, and not limited to CiscoWorks. Do you get a good time in LMS when you set your timezone to GMT-3 Georgetown?

Hi J Clarke!

ok, I will do again with GMT -3 Georgetown.

And.. What Java version do you have installed??

In my server I have installed Java version 1.5.0_13.

Thanks!

I tested with the LMS built-in JVM 1.5.0_10 as well as with 1.6.0_5. Neither liked GMT-3 Buenos Aires (even with the latest tzupdate from Sun). Both worked with GMT-3 Georgetown.

yes!! work with GMT -3 Georgetown. You solve my issue :)

thanks very much Clarke!!

best regards!

Jorgelina

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: