Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 CiscoWorks Assistant

mchiaravalle_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I performed a local WIndows server upgrade from LMS 2.6 to 3.0. So far everything seems normal except for CiscoWorks Assistant.

I can launch the CiscoWorks Assistant home page from the LMS Portal page just fine, but if I try to select anything under Workflows such as Server Setup I get error message --- CWA14: "No HTTP response from ........

Either:1.The server may be down. Or2.The protocol, port number or the user credentials may be wrong."

Documentation states that this error means cannot connect to server?

Any thoughts? Perhaps the upgrade proceedure leaves somthing out that a fresh install wouldn't?

Thanks

26 Replies 26

Are you using an external login module?

Not that I know of. What is it?

I was FINALLY able to reproduce this. I had to mess with my System Identity User setup to get it to happen, though. Since you said your SIU is admin, let's regenerate this from scratch.

To do this, shutdown dmgtd. Then delete NMSROOT\lib\classpath\comUser.dat. Next, run the following command as a local Administrator:

NMSROOT\bin\cwjava -cw NMSROOT com.cisco.nm.cmf.security.SecretTool NMSROOT\lib\classpath\comUser.dat -add USER PASS

For example:

C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\cwjava -cw C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx com.cisco.nm.cmf.security.SecretTool c:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\lib\classpath\comUser.dat -add admin admin

That will set the System Identity User to admin with a password of admin.

Then, check the permissions on the resulting comUser.dat to make sure casusers has Full Control.

Finally, restart dmgtd, and see if the problem persists.

Sorry, No go.

Ran the command line twice , it did exicute both times, rebooted server and tested. Exact same output.

I'm thinking I may have to reinstall LMS 3.0 from scratch.

I just saw something in the stdout.log that caught my eye. What is PSALM101 (besides the obvious)?

I don't know. I checked that log file and it looks like a password? I don't remember using it and I'm the one who original installed LMS 2.6 and the 3.0 upgrade. I tried to login to CiscoWorks using it but it didn't authenticate.

It is a password: your System Identity User password. Took me a while slogging through the code, but I think I've figured this out. Please send me the output of:

dir NMSROOT\lib\classpath\com\cisco\nm\cmf\servlet

Which file. This path ends in a folder?

I want the list of contents for the whole directory.

Here you go.

Thanks

This looks good. Try this. Shutdown dmgtd, backup then delete NMSROOT\www\classpath\com\cisco\nm\cmf\security\secret.dat. Then run:

cwjava -cw NMSROOT com.cisco.nm.cmf.security.SecretTool NMSROOT\www\classpath\com\cisco\nm\cmf\security\secret.dat -add USER PASS

Where USER and PASS are the same values you used to create the System Identity User in comUser.dat. Then check permissions on secret.dat, and restart dmgtd.

Joe, that was it, amazing!

All seems to be working fine now. Hats off to you!

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: