Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

LMS 3.0 DCRServer down

Hi,

Whenever I try to edit Device credentials, I get an Error message that DCR server may be down, please restart.

I checked the processes in the control panel, all were up, but I found that the IPM NG process is manual, not automatic, and according to an old post in this forum it should be auto, but that was lms 2.5.1. I havent restarted the service yet.

I checked pdshow, everything seems fine, below is pdshow DCRServer

Process = DCRServer

State = Running normally

Pid = 9000

RC = 0

Signo = 0

Start = 5/5/2008 8:34:17 AM

Stop = Not applicable

Core = Not Applicable

Info = DCRServer is up and running

------

I have one more question, if we have only the SNMP RO string for the seed device, no other credentials, will this be a reason for not seeing host IPs in other vlans.

All help is appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: LMS 3.0 DCRServer down

First, make sure that you disable all anti-virus scanning of NMSROOT as this has been known to trigger the problem you're seeing. If AV scanning is occurring in NMSROOT, disable it, then restart dmgtd. If the problem persists, post the dcrclient.log.

Discovery only uses SNMP RO, so this would not explain what you're seeing. I recommend you start a new thread to troubleshoot your discovery issue. Include the exact version of Common Services and Campus Manager, as well as how you have defined your Discovery settings.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

First, make sure that you disable all anti-virus scanning of NMSROOT as this has been known to trigger the problem you're seeing. If AV scanning is occurring in NMSROOT, disable it, then restart dmgtd. If the problem persists, post the dcrclient.log.

Discovery only uses SNMP RO, so this would not explain what you're seeing. I recommend you start a new thread to troubleshoot your discovery issue. Include the exact version of Common Services and Campus Manager, as well as how you have defined your Discovery settings.

Community Member

Thanks, DCRServer is up now

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content