Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 Deamon Services fails to start

dndncr101
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

I recently installed LMS 3.0 and configured it for TACACS ACS but when I restart the daemon service it fails to start up again and all services fail. I reboot the box with the same problem, Daemon services fails to start. I've tried to run the resetloginmodule.pl and even reinstalled the software all with the same results.

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What daemons do not start up? If you are having process failures, after about 45 minutes of starting Daemon Manager, the pdshow command should work. The output from that command as well as any errors you're getting would be helpful.

The Ciscoworks Daemon Manager Service will not start on our Windows box.

What is the exact error you're getting when you run "net start crmdmgtd" from a DOS prompt? Also, what errors do you see in the Windows Event Viewer?

I get a mesage stating "The Ciscoworks Daem Manager service could not be started, The service did not report an error. Eventlog says, CRMDmgtd started but it doesn't.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: