Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 DFM error

Hi Joseph, I have LMS 3.0 installed at one of my client place where there are monitoring  7609 routers configred with multiple VRF. The IP address entered in DCR is assigned to a loopback interface (which is in global). In DFM the router is discovered properly, But in DDV I found no value againest admin status and operational status. If I am running snmpwalk for interface (gig 2/40) with oid 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.7.40 & 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8.40 router is returning proper value depending upon the port status. But in case any interface goes down, not getting event related to interface operationally down rather i am getting " cisco configuration management trap".

Also getting "Unresponsive" event For The Interafces which are part of different different VRF. This is ok I can understand this is because of ping and i can disable ping to the ip addresses from the DDV-> Interafce status -> IP.

IOS installed in the routers are 12.2(33)srd4

PLease help me what to do so that incase any interface regardless it is in VRF or not will generate event incase for status change.

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, make sure you have DFM 3.0.5 installed.  Anything less than this, and events may be dropped due to device management and DFM server issues.  Next, be aware that by default, DFM polls the device every four minutes for events.  If an interface transitions in that window from down then back to up, DFM will miss it.  The polling intervals can be modified under DFM > Configuration > Polling and Threshold > Polling Parameters.

Hi Joseph,

I have DFM 3.1.3. also i have updated all device packages. in my setup there are routers VRF configured. The loop back interface is in a vrf named "oam". only this ip address of the router is reachable from LMS server. all other interfaces are in different VRF hence i can not ping or trace the ip addresses assigned to the interfaces.

because the ip addresses are not reachable i am getting unresponsive event in dfm. but when the interface goes down i dont get any event in dfm. i had captured the packets which show incase of operational status or admin status change, of interface, router sends snmp trap. but i am not getting any event describing the interface up/ down status. even in cisco view the port status chages from up to down & down to up upon receiving the snmp traps, but no event in DFM.

here with I have attached the packet captures from LMS along with DFM events i am getting. request your help to resolve this. I have done the tests for the router interface gig2/38 by making it up /down which ip address is 55.55.55.1 .

Please help me in this.

There are no SNMP polls in these sniffer traces.  It looks like the filter was not specified correctly.  You need to filter on udp/161 traffic, and let the trace run for eight minutes.  DFM polls devices every four minutes by default.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco