cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 different backup schedules for different machines

ktokashhh
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings. I'm trying to set up archive managment in LMS3.0, specifically RME 4.1.0, and I would like to schedule several different backup routines.

- Every 6 hours for core and distribution

- Every 24 hours for edge gear

I see the ability to set up an archive for specific subsets of machines under Resource Manager Essentials -> Config Mgmt -> Archive Mgmt -> Sync Archive, but that looks like it will only run for a single day, whereas I'm looking for something permanent.

I also see the ability to schedule permanent, recurring jobs under RME -> Admin -> Config Mgmt -> Archive Mgmt -> Collection Settings, but that applies to every machine.

Is there something I'm missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unless LMS 3.0 differs from LMS 2.6, you should be able to do what you're looking for by scheduling Sync Archive jobs "6 - hourly" or "Daily" using the Run Type pulldown menu. I don't think the different Sync Archive jobs would overwrite each other.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unless LMS 3.0 differs from LMS 2.6, you should be able to do what you're looking for by scheduling Sync Archive jobs "6 - hourly" or "Daily" using the Run Type pulldown menu. I don't think the different Sync Archive jobs would overwrite each other.

Yeah it looks like the wording just tripped me up. Once the first job ran it scheduled the next one autmatically. Thanks for the quick input!

1. 1093.2 Sync Archive Scheduled Co

nfig Backup admin Dec 20 2007 19:00:00 - 6 - hourly

2. 1093.1 Sync Archive Successful Co

nfig Backup admin Dec 20 2007 13:00:00 Dec 20 2007 13:00:50 6 - hourly

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: