cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 Important

ahmed_saleh
Level 1
Level 1

1-I have remote sites and main branch connection between remote sites to main branch is MPLS

2-Connection between main branch to remote sites over 2 ISP

My question

I need real time monitor with out enable GRE tunnel between main branch to remote site

If the router down in remote site from any ISP I need the router will be reed

I need this action in topology map

I don't need this action by mail or by syslog

54 Replies 54

AAD automatically refreshes every 30 seconds. This cannot be customized.

Now in DFM I can see the fault devices where I can see the normal devices

AAD only shows alerts. Devices which have no faults will not be shown in AAD. You can get a list of all devices DFM is managing under DFM > Device Management > Device Status. Any device in a Known state is being properly managed by DFM.

Ok but I have problem with DFM some alerts come with operation down when I try ping this device I get response can DFM when get alert with interface down after interface is up can DFM send alert to tell me the interface is up

Alerts are composite entities. They are composed of one or more events. An event is an atomic problem on a device. An OperationallyDown event will clear automatically when DFM detects that the device or interface is once again reachable. Once all of the events within an alert clear, then the alert itself will clear.

You will see a cleared status in AAD for 30 minutes before the alert is removed from AAD. At such time, you will only be able to see it in Fault History for the next month.

It's important to note that DFM will treat any managed interface which is administratively up but operationally down as being OperationallyDown. If you have such interfaces on your devices that should be down, then be sure to "shutdown" those interfaces. DFM also pings each IP address on a device for reachability. If all the IP addresses on a given device are not ICMP reachable, then you will need to go to DFM > Device Management > Device Details, and unmanage the unreachable IP addresses. This is only doable in DFM 3.0 and higher. Note: you CANNOT unmanage the IP address by which you added the device to DFM or the device will go into a Questioned state.

Hi Joe

Please I attached file please I need you tell me why this event not clear from AAD

And please if you can explain some of this event

And thank for your help

I can't tell you why these are not clearing since I don't know what the underlying events are, nor do I know what is happening in your network. But, as I said in my previous post, alerts will clear when ALL of the underlying events have cleared. So go through each alerts' events, and see why they are being triggered, then either correct the problem on the device, or change your threshold setting.

Dear Joe

I need to ask you about some point

1- Can I use hosts file instead DNS and I need example for 1 router have 5 interfaces I will put all interfaces or I will put one interface in this hosts file if I can use hosts file

2-in topology we have MPLS between branches and can't enable JRE tunnel you have any solution to get link between them

3- can I discover node with out use loop back interface and I need to know what happen if I put ( example router have 2 serial interface I will enter the 2 interfaces in discovery like 172.18.1.1 &172.29.1.1)

4-can Cisco works help me to obtain monitoring screen to monitor the devices and to display the status of the device when it becomes up or down real time monitor I need up and down I don't need use AAD

1. Yes. You can add the one interface by which you manage this device into the hosts file.

2. If you cannot get CDP on a link between two campuses, then you will not get a link drawn on the Topology Map. There is no workaround for that.

3. Discovery will eventually fall back to serial interfaces if you select the use loopback option. You don't need to multiple seed device entries per device. Really, you only need one seed device per campus, or one seed device per disjoint area of your network.

4. If you don't want to use DFM's Alerts and Activities Display, then there is nothing in LMS that will give you fault information for devices in a real-time view.

Hi Joe

Now I can't display in AAD the up devices and I have problem in network because MPLS all site obtain as separate

1-Can I add 1 router in CS by 2 serial interfaces to obtain in topology map as 2 routers?

2-if you have any solution I can use to real time monitor to up and down interfaces please tell me

joe

are you there

You can add the same device twice in DCR provided each of the hostname, display name, and IP are different. However, applications like RME and Campus will detect the device is the same. Campus won't duplicate the device unless there is a problem.

Unlike a graphical fault management application, DFM doesn't show green, "all-is-well" icons to indicate a device is healthy. You just don't see any alerts from a healthy device in AAD (or the status of an alert will be Cleared indicating a problem has been resolved).

The upcoming LMS 3.1 release will offer integration between DFM and Campus, so there will be some visual indication of faults on the topology map, but that is not scheduled until the end of next month.

Sorry joe for all these question but I need know because customer when ask me

1-I run automatic discovery and I put seed device with 2 serial interfaces for each remote site and enable loopback interface why in topology the device appear with ip for loopback interface

2- DFM for fault devices its ok where I can monitor normal devises this question customer ask me I need answer to tell hem

If you selected to use loopback when determining the management IP, then that's what Discovery will do. It will add the device to DCR with the loopback IP. Campus will then use that IP to manage the device.

I don't understand the second question.

I need to monitor the normal devices

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: