Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 installation fault

one-ans1357
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

installing on a Solaris 9, after checking all the packages i need to install, I receive this fault:

INFO: Checking dependencies

/cwtemp/setup/dp.sh: -classpath: not found

ERROR: no ordered.list file

=================================================================

Finished: Thu Oct 18 16:06:41 MEST 2007

===============- Software Installation Tool Completed -==============

===================- Possible Warnings/Errors Encountered -===================

WARNING: Ensure that you have installed the recommended Solaris 9 cluster patche

s released

WARNING: on Dec/11/06, in this server.

WARNING: If these cluster patches are not installed, please download and install

them

WARNING: from http://www.sun.com/.

WARNING: Otherwise, some features of the CiscoWorks applications will not functi

on properly.

ERROR: no ordered.list file

=====================================================================

4 Replies 4

one-ans1357
Level 1
Level 1

In the dp.sh script I've put these lines:

echo "JRE_CLASSPATH: "$JRE_CLASSPATH

echo "JRE_EXE: "$JRE_EXE

And re-running the installation this is what I can see:

JRE_CLASSPATH:

JRE_EXE:

So it seems no variable has been set

Hi.

First, I would encourage you to install directly from the CD, but if that's not possible, you must follow the instructions as laid-out in the install guide for copying the contents of the cd to the local disk:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_b/lms/lms30/igsg/prep.htm

•We recommend that you run the installation from a local CD or a local hard drive to avoid errors that may result from the network being slow or busy.

If you want to install from a local hard drive, you must copy the contents in a CD to a local hard drive. Ensure that you copy the entire contents from the CD to the hard drive.

If you are installing on a Solaris 9 system, you must preserve the timestamp when you copy the contents from the CD to the hard drive.

To preserve all the attributes including timestamp:

a. Change the present working directory to the directory to which the CD is mounted using the command:

cd /cdrom/cdrom0

where cdrom/cdrom0 is the directory to which the CD is mounted.

b. Create a directory where you want to copy the contents of the disk by entering:

mkdir /opt/copydisk

Make sure that this directory has enough space to hold the entire contents of the disk.

c. Enter:

tar cpf - . | (cd /opt/copydisk && tar -xpf -)

This command preserves all attributes including the timestamp.

If these procedures are followed, you should have no problems.

HTH,

-J

Thanks.

But ...I think there's another kind of problem. I've no problem with the file properties. And the installation location is a path on the system (as you can see /cwtemp/setup/). The problem is to have no result printing the environments.

The error "/cwtemp/setup/dp.sh: -classpath: not found" is because of the env problem. The line in the script was:

$JRE_EXE -classpath .:$JRE_CLASSPATH/rt.jar:DH.jar DependencyHandler /tmp/cscotm

p/setup "$src_depends" /tmp/cscotmp/all

But JRE_EXE and JRE_CLASSPATH are null.

So you have a command line like this:

-classpath .:/rt.jar:DH.jar DependencyHandler /tmp/cscotm

p/setup "$src_depends" /tmp/cscotmp/all

and so the error message.

Thanks

Hi,

have you solved the problem in the meantime?

And if, what was the solution?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: