cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 - IPM Problem.

tckoon
Level 1
Level 1

I posted this problem before but still not get solve yet.

I had added the router (support SLA) to IPM devices. The I goto collector to create the job. But when I select the source device. It only shown one/ or none device at all. No problem with destination devices.

Goto IPM main page , it show only one/ none device is enable.

So my question is how we enable it ?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As yjdabear said, you need a valid SNMP read-write credential configured on the device. Beyond that, there is nothing to enable for IP SLA sources. They either have the feature, or they do not (i.e. support the CISCO-RTTMON-MIB). For target devices, you can enable the IP SLA responder to allow you to use jitter and enhanced UDP operations. This is done with the command:

ip sla responder

Or, on older IOSes:

ip sla monitor responder

Or, older still:

rtr responder

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First thing to verify is IPM has the right snmpset string for those disabled collectors.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As yjdabear said, you need a valid SNMP read-write credential configured on the device. Beyond that, there is nothing to enable for IP SLA sources. They either have the feature, or they do not (i.e. support the CISCO-RTTMON-MIB). For target devices, you can enable the IP SLA responder to allow you to use jitter and enhanced UDP operations. This is done with the command:

ip sla responder

Or, on older IOSes:

ip sla monitor responder

Or, older still:

rtr responder

In addition to what yjdabear and jclarke said,

check if sync from DCR to IPM is disabled which could be the reason that only 1 device is seen as a possible source device;

Control this setting here: IPM > Admin > Application Setting

if 'Automatically Manage Devices from Credential Repository' is not checked, - decide whether you will have this setting enabled or not; if it was unchecked when DCR was getting filled with devices, these devices have not been populated to IPM. So IPM does not list any devices as sources; Even if you check this setting now (if it was not checked) this will be used on all devices coming into DCR from now on but not for devices being in DCR yet.

To populated all devices from DCR into IPM go to IPM > Collector Management > Devices

click on 'Add Devices' select 'All devices' and click 'Add'

you should now have all devices available as a 'Source'.

DCR was checked.

Anyway I remove the devices, then add it back..same thing happen the same device is enable.

Each of physical devices are configured with SNMP RW string, and also the CS devices credential.

Problem remain the same. I believed if I can restore the IPM DB back to factory default it might help.

Can I have the steps, as I cant find it on CC.

It works now. SNMP RW password setting missing at Common Service in some of devices.

Add back now it work.

Thanks all for help.