Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LMS 3.0 Topology view

Our main office is connected with branch office through service provider link and we

created tunnel to connect branch office with mail office. In LMS I discovered all the devices and when i show topology view it shows devices and link those have physical connection. But those are connected by tunnel interface are not showing in the topology. Please give suggestion how i will display full topology(Branch office with link )in LMS.

If you need diagram then i will attach.

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: LMS 3.0 Topology view

I believe the topology view in Campus Manager requires Layer 2 connectivity to exist in order to show network devices as connected. This is because it uses Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) to build its knowledge of adjacenies.

Hope this helps. Please rate this post if it does.

thanks for your response.

would you please tell me is there any way to show topology that I described or not possible to show logical connection in Campus Manager ?

Please help me.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Given the connection type I understand you to have, Campus Manager will always show your branch office as logically unconnected.

You MAY be able to link the sites via a L2TP connection that would pass CDP, but that might have unintended consequences for the network services you are providing.

I have attached a sample diagram like our office.Mention that it is not ATM network.

your comments is highly appreciable.

please give me suggestion. I am eagerly waiting for your reply.

Dear concern,

Could you please help me how i will be able to link the sites via L2TP connection?

If you suggest to read document please refer.

please help me.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content