Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 troubleshooting

duncalsi75
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has had the following problem when trying the task of clicking "Device Troubleshooting" under Device Center. I get the following error

CWA025: Could not launch the workflow.

CWA engine may not be running.

Restart the daemon manager of the server:On Windows: 1. Enter net stop crmdmgtd 2. Enter net start crmdmgtd On Solaris: 1. Enter /etc/init.d/dmgtd stop 2. Enter /etc/init.d/dmgtd start If the problem persists, contact the CiscoWorks server administrator.

I have tried restarting this service but to no avail. I also am unable to query my device's to get an Inventory Update, after several hours I get a timeout error. I can use CiscoView successfully so my SNMP settings are correct. Any ideas ?

Regards

Simon

31 Replies 31

All of the necessary processes are running. With CWA and CWA engine debuggign still enabled, are there any new updates in the DataStore.log and OpsXML.log?

Thankyou, that was the problem with Workflow, which is now working However I assumed this problem with workflow was the reason that I was unable to successfully able to complete a Inventory Update of a device. I have again tried to update the inventory and after several hours the job times out. I receive the message "Timed out. Make sure that ICServer is running" under the Job Results Description. I can use CiscoView to view the device, so I know SNMP is working correctly. Thanks

Please post the IC_Server.log.

IC_Server log, copied the final 3 pages

I assume device 192.168.21.23 is your problem device. If that is the case, it appears there is an SNMP credential issue with this device in DCR. Other than that, I don't see any errors.

On closer inspection it appears none of my devices are having the "Update Inventory" function work. This is my Devl test area and need to prove it working before rolling into Prod

Enable ICServer Inventory collection and job debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Loglevel Settings, then run another inventory job. Post the new IC_Server.log as well as the log from the job directory under NMSROOT\files\rme\jobs\ICServer.

Hi, Please find files requested.

Something appears to be deadlocking ICServer. But I can't see what that is since debugging was not enabled when it happened. It won't respond to any requests again until you restart it.

So, restart ICServer with "pdterm ICServer" followed by "pdexec ICServer". Then, keep debugging on, and run jobs until the job times out. Then post the new IC_Server.log.

If the problem still cannot be ascertained, you will need to open a service request with TAC so that ICServer can be run manually so a full thread dump can be captured.

O.K pdterm functions completed and logs attached. Thanks

I don't see what could be causing the deadlock. Please post ICServer.log.

Please find un-edited version

This is the IC_Server.log. I need to see the ICServer.log.

Oh sorry, here we go

This explains why inventory is not working, but I'm not sure how this could have happened. It looks like your installation failed or was corrupted. At least two key files are damaged. Since it doesn't sound like this ever worked, I recommend you uninstall LMS, then reinstall it from scratch.