Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.01 - Inventory Failure on Various devices

dmistry21
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Wondering whether anyone has seen this issue.

We have several unknown devices within our inventory.  When running an inventory report the message I get back is "No Credentials available".

For inventory checks is it just SNMP that is used or is it the standard credentials that are needed ?

I am planning to edit the credentials for the single device manually to see if this makes a difference.  Our integration is with ACS and we have a machine account with admin priveleges.

Device Verification for the device states "Device Not reachable" for SNMP and SSH.  There are no drops on any of our firewalls but snmpwalk does work from the command prompt from the LMS server.

Are there any further checks I can make for these 2 messages:

* "No Credentials available".

* "Device Not reachable"

Many Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

Using the export button in Inventory -> Device management you can export all DCR details inculing all credentails to a csv  file.

I find this is the way to verify if the defined credentials for a device are what you think they are.

Cheers,

Michel

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

Using the export button in Inventory -> Device management you can export all DCR details inculing all credentails to a csv  file.

I find this is the way to verify if the defined credentials for a device are what you think they are.

Cheers,

Michel

That's fairly useful, did find that some devices were missing SNMP credentials in the DCR for some reason although this had been changed through Common Services -> Device and credentials -> Admin -> Default Credentials.

Looks like may have to go through the devices with missing credentials and edit them manually.

Many Thanks.