cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 and UT Issue with Host Name not always populated

ppoiron
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed a new LMS 3.1 under Solaris 10 which has CM 5.1.

After a Major UT Acquisition, Host Name field of End Hosts is not always populated.

I started then a manual acquisition using Campus Manager Home link and it got the Host Name.

So, what could cause this issue during an automatic acquisition ?

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

ppoiron
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to add a precision about the symptoms:

Host Names disappeared after each MINOR acquisition every 60 minutes and re-appeared after a Major Acquisition.

I've gone through the code, and I don't see how this can happen. At the very least, the hostname field should be equal to the IP address field. Please post a screenshot of your UT end host report.

Thank you for helping me on this issue.

In fact, hostname and subnet fields disappeared at the same time (ie 09H58 which is not a major acquisition).

You will find attached an example of this issue on a PC.

In the complete report, some hostnames are filled in but many have disappeared without any manual action (perhaps a ping sweep pb ?)

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with User Tracking on Solaris 10, but I have LMS 3.0 and Campus Manager 5.0.4

I have no problem with the major acquisition, but then the minor acquisition runs, there are no IP address or no IP name for all end hosts in the User Tracking table.

Thank you for your help

Bests Regards

Sam

Hi Sam,

I've opened a SR TAC for that.

It seems that Hostname and Subnet fields are cleared in the DB after a minor acquisition.

See below procedure to check it:

- First Login to LMS as admin.

- After you've logged in to LMS as admin, point your web browser to

http://:/dbreader/dbreader.html.

: your lms server IP address

: if you are using http this will be 1741 if you are using https it will be: 443

- fill in the following:

User Id = cwsiSA

Password = your ANI db password "if you don't know the password, below you will find a procedure to change it to whatever you like"

Database Name = ani

Now type the below command in the "SQL statement to execute" :

select * from EmbuUserTracking where IPAddress='IP address'

IP address : is the ip address of the device missing the HostName and Subnet in the user tracking report .

Click on Execute SQL Statement

# If you don't know the data base password, please follow the below procedure to change the database password:

1. Stop the daemons

net stop crmdmgtd

2. Go to \bin>perl dbpasswd.pl dsn=ani npwd=cisco

3. Start the daemons

net start crmdmgtd

The above procedure will change your ani db password to cisco, please use the password you prefer.

Hoping that could help,

Best regards,

Patrice

Hi Patrice,

thank you for your information.

je suppose que je peux vous parler en français ;-)

effectivement, chez nous, les hostname et subnets sont effacés lors d'une acquisition "minor".

Existe-t'il déjà un patch pour ce bug?

car sinon, je vais également ouvrir un cas chez Cisco.

Merci pour votre aide

Meilleures salutations

Sam

Bonjour Sam,

J'ai ouvert un case au TAC pour ce pb.

Pour l'instant, la cause n'a pas encore été identifiée. Cela semble lié à une acquisition mineure où les HostName et Subnet Name disparaissent de la base.

Le mieux serait peut-être effectivement d'ouvert un case au TAC pour le même pb.

Cela ferait avancer les choses.

Meilleures salutations,

Patrice

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: