I am getting the following message when trying to use ciscoview to pull a gui view of a device
Cannot find applicable device package for 220.127.116.11.
This error could be due to one of the following:
- The device package for this device type is not installed.
- Device support for this device type is not available.
- You are trying to open a component inside a device.
To correct the problem, either install a device package for the device type, or open the parent device to manage the component.
Now, I do have the correct packages installed. When I was running lms 3.0 on the same server, it worked fine.
4500's and 6500's appear to have the issue.
Solved! Go to Solution.
116. 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.502 Cisco Catalyst 4506 Switch Cat4000IOS 16.0
117. 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.875 Cisco Catalyst 4506-E Switch Cat4000IOS 16.0
118. 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.501 Cisco Catalyst 4507R Switch Cat4000IOS 16.0
119. 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.876 Cisco Catalyst 4507R-E Switch Cat4000IOS 16.0
120. 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.537 Cisco Catalyst 4510R Switch Cat4000IOS 16.0
121. 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.877 Cisco Catalyst 4510R-E Switch Cat4000IOS 16.0
138. 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.44 Cisco Catalyst 6509 Switch Cat6000 9.1
139. 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.50 Cisco Catalyst 6513 Switch Cat6000 9.1
These are the sysObjectIDs supported by these packages, but are they actually yhe sysObjectIDs of your problem devices? Also, post the list of contents in the NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/pkgs/cvw and NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/CVng/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/cvw/devpkgs directories.
after compairing the two directories, I noticed that the www dir has cat400IOS.zip but the mdc dir does not.
The sysObjectID's are correct. Again, ciscoview was working fine until I upgraded to lms 3.1 Other devices are still working fine.
You have six packages out of sync between the two directories. Copy all of the .zip files from the www directory to the MDC directory. Then restart Daemon Manager, and you should be able to open these switches in CiscoView.
Great! That worked out. thank you very much. One last question. When I bring up the ciscoview interface, it states that the DCR server is down and needs to be restarted. How can I troubleshoot and resolve this?