cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 common services 3.2

damoroney
Level 1
Level 1

I was unable to move the syslog backup driectory via the gui. I ran the syslogConf.pl script to change the directory. The log file increments but I am now unable to start the daemon service. I get the message the service has started, the service has stopped, no errors reported

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume you mean you relocated the syslog log file. If so, what is the path to the new location? Please post the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/rmeng/csc/data/Collector.properties file.

yes i ran syslogConf.pl to relocate the syslog to d:/syslog-backup directory and now I am unable to start crmdmgtd. the service starts then stops immediately, with run net start crmdmgtd or starting the service in admin tools.

file as requested

# Timezone related properties

TIMEZONE=PST

COUNTRY_CODE=USA

TIMEZONE_FILE=$NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/rmeng/fcss/data/TimeZone.lst

# General properties

SYSLOG_FILES=d:/syslog-backup/syslog.log

DEBUG_CATEGORY_NAME=SyslogCollector

DEBUG_FILE=$NMSROOT/log/SyslogCollector.log

DEBUG_LEVEL=INFO

DEBUG_MAX_FILE_SIZE=5MB

DEBUG_MAX_BACKUPS=3

DOWNTIME_DIR=$NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/rmeng/csc/data

FILTER_DUMP_FILE=$NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/rmeng/csc/data/filters.dat

# Miscellaneous properties. These are not important to users.

READ_INTERVAL_IN_SECS=1

QUEUE_CAPACITY=100000

PARSER_FILE=$NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/rmeng/fcss/data/FormatParsers.lst

SUBSCRIPTION_DATA_FILE=$NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/rmeng/csc/data/Subscribers.dat

FILTER_THREADS=1

COLLECTOR_PORT=4444

now resolved the issue by running resetCasusuer.exe.

Ah a permissions problem then....

But resetCasusuer.exe only resets the casuser password. Or does it actually do more?

Cheers,

Michel

yeas i think a permission problem is at the base of this. I now cannot schdule a backup or change the syslog directory?. Any ideas, the NMSROOT is not program files/CSCOpx but d:/LMS

Not too much ideas...yeah, all files and directories need to be writable for casusers, but beyond that .... not sure

Cheers,

Michel

No, it only resets casuser's password, and adjusts the local security policies. However, it does require dmgtd to be restarted, which most likely was the real fix for this problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: