Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1: deploy config using telnet/ssh failed when changing hostname

ebezombes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a config file for a switch named switch, I want to send this file to an other switch called testswitch.

E:\CSCOpx\bin>cwcli config import -u admin -p xxxxx -ipaddress 10.32.71.121
-f  E:\CSCOpx\files\rme\dcma\shadow\Switches_and_Hubs\PRIMARY\switch.cfg

It failed first time, it works second time.

I had already this bug with LMS 2.6 when using deploy from gui. Tac gave me a fix.

I think that this bug is present on LMS 3.1.

Many thanks, Elisabeth

19 Replies 19

Unfortunaly, customer can't take tftp as first protocol because he has 12.2(52)SE IOS which has a bug CSCta57846.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1322730#1322730

When I made other test, I saw that this issue can happens before changing address.

Do you think this issue can be considered as a bug, do you think that I can open a case to the tac ?

Tomorrow, I will make test with ssh.

What config changes do you make without changing the IP to trigger this?

I made test with ssh and I encoured the bug you describe in this conversation CSCsx24218, I get the fix from tac and this issue is resolved .

But, LMS still lost the connection when he changes ipaddress.

I made test with tftp, I think that all config was import but I am not sure, after I have an error because LMS wants to archive with the old IPaddress.

see cwcli_tftp.zip.

Do you think that LMS would be able to import a config to the startup config rather the runing config ?

Here you can find an exemple where changing hostname create error/deconnexion see test_hostname.zip.

On sniffer trace frame 896 : import, frame 1782 : archive config. LMS was able to archive conf because import has not yet change IP@, it stop before.

This bug only affects SSHv2, but you were doing telnet previously.  If you are doing SSHv2, and seeing incomplete command deployment, then yes, this would have been your bug.

The cwcli config import command imports the config file into running only.  You cannot import directly to startup.

Hi,

What did you do to get patch to fix CSCsx24218 because I have the same problem with LMS 3.1. I have configured SSH in ASA5520 ans RME can't get the configuration file.

Please, tell me how can i get it.

Regards.