cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 - device support for WS-C3560X series and WC3750X series: ETA?

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

does anybody know when/if device support for these switches will be added to LMS 3.1 ?
sysObjectID of the devices are 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1222 - 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1229

they are supported in LMS 3.2 but without cisco view support. Will this also be added in the near future to both LMS 3.1 and LMS 3.2 ?

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Don't know about LMS 3.1 but I know the new LMS 4.0 does support the "X".

shyasund
Level 1
Level 1

LMS 3.2 now supports 3560x and 3750x.

leolaohoo and shyasund,

thanks for your responses! I have seen the device support for theses devices in LMS 3.2, yet. But there is NO CiscoView support

for these devices, neither in LMs 3.2 nor in LMS 3.1 and even not in LMS 4.0:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.0/device_support/table/lms40sdt.html#Cisco%20Catalyst%203560%20Series%20Switches

Cisco trys to reach the "day-one-support" for their devices and I think they are on a good way. But the 3560X and 3750X series are quite a while available now and are meanwhile widely spread. This is hard to argue with a customer...

for the LMS 3.1 support the problem is, that I cannot update the release from LMS 3.1 to LMs 3.2 currently due to frozen zone - installing device packages and sw patches would be possible.

Hi mermel,

Ciscoview support has been updated only recently,

Hence the documentation might not be upto date.

You will be able to see the new packges on device updates.

Hi shyasund,

thanks for this update, - that's funny, the day after I asked for support they updated the device packages - isn't it a bit like winning in a lottery ( ... or just the contrary...)

... if you would know how tiered I am of these offline updates of LMS ...

And it's only half of the game ... still need RME and DFM support for LMS 3.1 ...

will support for these devices types be added to the rest of LMS 3.1 ?

if anybody has information - I am listening...

I asked 'ask-lms-team@cisco.com' on 25 Nov but still waiting for an answer...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: