Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LMS 3.1. Device Type UNKNOWN but reachable in CM

In my DCR there are several devices (most of them 3560) which are marked as unknown device type, but CM identifies them correctly. SNMP Walk from Device Center works fine too. CS is 3.2.0 (MDF 1.23) and CM 5.1.3.

Any ideas what could be the reason why the device type is not updated?

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: LMS 3.1. Device Type UNKNOWN but reachable in CM

Post the sysObjectID of the devices and the NMSROOT/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cwcs/mdf/mdfdata.xml file.

Device Center SNMP walk shows sysObjectID "CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB::catalyst3560G48PS", which should be 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.616.

Cisco Employee

Are these devices also managed by RME? If so, has their inventory been collected successfully?

Seems to be a problem caused by an bulk import of these devices. Checking the last Device Discovery Summary, I could not find one of them.

I'm just wondering that CM works fine.

Cisco Employee

Data Collection works independently from the MDF. Hence Campus can properly show the device type, but there may be a problem with DCR, or with some other application. That is why I asked if RME was managing these switches.

Hi jclarke,

I think I found it. CW conntects these devices through NAT and I set an discovery filter, which excludes the real ip addresses.

It seems, that CSDiscovery apply the filter to the real and not the NAT adresses. Am I right with this assumption?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content