Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LMS 3.1 HUM 1.1: Bug in editing poller?

I'm trying out HUM 1.1.0 and got this strange situation: When creating a poller, I selected two of my routers x.x.0.4 and 0.5, then selected 3 templates: CPU Utilization, Interface Errors and Interface Utilization. I did not "Poll all Instances" since not all the interfaces are active.

In the next screen, all 3 templates are shown under .0.5. But under 0.4, I only see CPU Utilization, not the other two -- See screen shot below:

2010-03-16.Available-instances.png

Is this a bug or somthing? These two are similar devices, which is why I am putting them in the same poller. When I try to create a separate poller for the x.x.0.4 device, I do get all three templates that I selected.

Everyone's tags (3)
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: LMS 3.1 HUM 1.1: Bug in editing poller?

I am unable to reproduce.  However, I have HUM 1.1.2.  Can you try upgrading, and see if you can still reproduce?

I don't see HUM 1.1.2 on www.cisco.com -- there is only HUM 1.2 which requires LMS 3.2.

OK. I have figured out the problem -- it's a problem with aliased devices in DCR (if that is the right description): Basically, the x.x.0.4 device is in DCR twice, most likely due to a problem with outdated reverse DNS entry for the IP address.

This problem has pluaged me for some time. I think I'll have to remove all the networking devices from the DNS.

Thanks.

Now a different problem:

Obviously, I was not posting a "blank message". But the website insisted that I was.

Views
Helpful
Replies