cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 Licence.

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

We are planning to upgrade on this cumming new year. I am confused a little bit about licencing since this is new. the current version we have is unlimited.here is the scenario. we have close to 3000 Router and switch. also we have 2500 AP's some of manged by WLC but the others not. also we have WLSE.I have read Ap's manage by WLC count as one unfortunaitly I don't know how many manged by WLC.is there anyway to get info about WLC though LMS 2.6?

another question is do I need a 5,000 or 10,000 Licence.also what going to happen if I buying 5,000 licence and my device become over that number? stop working or detecting new device.thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the APs are LWAPPs managed the WLC, they do not count. Only the 20 WLCs would count toward the license.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LWAPPs do NOT count against the LMS license device count. Standalone APs DO count. All or WLC-managed LWAPPs will not affect your license.

It sounds like a 5,000 device license will work for the time being. This will allow you to manage a total of 5,500 devices. Above that, new devices will not be managed by RME, DFM, Campus, or IPM.

Thank you so much J. I want to know how many WLC we have within out company to calculate my inventory.can I do that with LMS 2.6 because my CW never detecting WLC.

There is a WLC package for RME 4.0.6 available from Common Services > Software Center > Device Update. Once you have that package, plus the latest Common Services MDF, your WLCs will be detected as WLCs.

Thanks J. I have download all the package and MDF but still not detected. do I need some kind of configuration on CW or on WLC.

No. The WLCs should just show up as WLCs provided the sysObjectID is supported.

Thanks J. I have still unable to see all my WLC. I did run device discovery, data collection even major Acquisition. 2 times but no WLC. I have checked the device package on my system it's installed. also in device center and go to the switch attached to wlc, I couldn't see WLC as CDP neighbor.any suggestion.

The WLC sysObjectIDs supported by LMS are 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.828, 1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.1.1.4.3, and 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.818. Your WLC will need to be one of those. SNMP must be properly configured on it. This means enabling SNMPv1 which is disabled by default.

thanks J. I have found 2wlc as end devices out of 20 wlc we have.so that means the others as you said may not supported by LMS.

let me back to the original question. I have found close to 20 WLC and mange close to 200 AP's. so when we coming to LMS 3.1 licensing those 200 Ap's count as 20 or 200 or 0.

If the APs are LWAPPs managed the WLC, they do not count. Only the 20 WLCs would count toward the license.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: