cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 not identifying the switche type

akash04lingam
Level 1
Level 1

LMS 3.1 is not identifying the following switch types(WS-C3560V2-48PS and WS-C2960-48PST-L) Please tell how to make LMS to identify these switch types

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I do not believe the 3560V2 is supported yet. But just to be sure, post the sysObjectIDs from these switches.

Pls tell where to search for these sysObjectIDs

Do an snmpwalk on the target device's IP address.

Go to Device Center, and launch the SNMP Walk tool. Use a starting OID value of "sysObjectID".

Please find the sysObjectID of the switch

".1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1025"

Yes, this switch is supported in LMS 3.1, but you will need to download and install device updates. To do this, go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Update. Check the boxes next to Common Services, RME, and Campus Manager, then download and install all available updates. Note: you will need to be on Campus Manager 5.1.3 before doing this.

Can you please provide me the Link to download the latest updates on Common services, RME and Campus MAnager for LMS 3.1

All of these updates are available from this URL:

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/Redirect.x?mdfid=268439477

You can find the LMS applications under Routing and Switching Management > CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution Bundle. You will then see RME, Common Services, etc.

I am trying to download latest updates for RME version4.2. Can you please tell me the difference between these two releases

SharedSwimACE.RME42.V1-1.zip and ACE.RME42.v1-2.zip

LMS 3.1 is not identifying the switchtype WS-C3560V2-48PS and WS-C2960-48PST-L. Please advise me to download which RME version to make LMS to identify this switch type.

The first package is for SWIM support for the ACE module. The latter package is the base package that spells out all of the modules necessary for full ACE support. Both (as well as other packages) are required for ACE support.

The package for 3560 support is Cat3560. The latest version is 6.2. The package for 2960 support is Cat2960. The latest version is 5.3. But there are other supporting packages. It is very difficult to manually upgrade device support. It is much easier to do upgrades through Common Services > Software Center > Device Update. If this is not possible, you'll have to be sure to download ALL available RME 4.2 packages along with the latest MDF package for Common Services.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: