cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 on Wndows 2003 R2

evan.r.moore
Level 1
Level 1

I've been trying to install the eval copy of LMS 3.1 on a windows server. Install goes fine, and everything seems to be working except for the cmfdbengine. That service starts, then dies with an error that the cmf.db file is the wrong format. Does anyone have ideas for fixing this?

I tried deleting the file, in the hopes that the app would recreate the file in the format it needs, but that didn't work.

Ideas?

ERM

Bitwrangler for FirstLight Fiber Corp
3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That was a bad thing to do. Shutdown CiscoWorks Daemon Manager, then run the following command:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=cmf dmprefix=Cmf

Did that, without luck. I got the following output:

"FATAL ERROR: C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\databases\cmf\orig\odbc.tmplorig does not exist, or is not readable. Verify that the DSN exists, before contacting a Cisco support engineer."

I'm sure this is because I deleted the orig directory at the same time I deleted the cmf.db file. Is there any hope from here, or should I just uninstall the whole package, then reinstall?

ERM

Bitwrangler for FirstLight Fiber Corp

You need to reinstall all of LMS from scratch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco