Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 /RICS001 - Inventory is failed each time on CS2950

richard.tetu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello dears all,

When we tried to do an inventory on LMS with this switch, CS2950 we've got an error message like " RICS001 - Internal error ........     "

I went on the RME page for CISCOWoRKS where we can download devices packages.

The version 3.1 is only proposed

it seems that 6.0 version is available and should be downloaded for avoid this message.

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure this switch is running 12.1(11)EA1 code at the very least.  If not, then an inventory error is expected.  Once you upgrade this switch, the problem will go away.

The switch is running with this version:12.1(22)EA13 - so, it means that this index is up to (11). Bu the error is still existing.

Post the IC_Server.log after performing an inventory collection for this device.

Thanks Joe,

Please see in attachement the file IC_Server.log. I think that's it one with no debug active as i didn't see any default.

I let you have a look inside

This is not the IC_Server.log.  Even without debugging, that log would show the error.

We have just done another Inventory for the equipment in doubt.

We have read that sql is in error. I post you the new IC_Server.log.

This is device bug CSCsz85826.  It is fixed in 12.1(22)EA14.

Hello,

Could you tell us approximatively when this new release 12.1.(22)EA14 should/could  be available ?

I just checked for some cat2950g-12/48-ei and the lastest release is 12.1.(22)EA13 .

Regards,

Jean-David

It is expected to FCS in Q2 2010, so sometime between April and June of next year.

There is a workaround for this bug in RME.  You can go to RME > Admin > Inventory > Inventory Change Filter, and check the boxes for Image:System Description and Image:Description.  Then inventory should get collected.

Hello Joe,

Thank you very much for this workaround, we'll use it (I'm a colleague of Richard who posted this issue).

I wonder is renaming the IOS file would help (to have the name+path shorter), but your workaround is much easy.

Your workaround should be added to the bug's release note.

Best regards,

Jean-David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: