Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 - RME Custom Report Error problem

pvignaud
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I try to create a custom RME report with simple fields and I receive an error message who tells me to look into invreports.log file.

Check my jpeg attachments :

server1:/var/adm/CSCOpx/log #tail -f invreports.log

[ Wed Apr 01 21:53:45 EDT 2009 ],INFO ,[TP-Processor11],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.ui.action.CustomTemplateAction,perform,55,Entered into CustomTemplateAction class

[ Wed Apr 01 21:53:45 EDT 2009 ],INFO ,[TP-Processor11],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.ui.action.CustomTemplateAction,perform,78,Entered into custom templatesCreate

[ Wed Apr 01 21:53:45 EDT 2009 ],INFO ,[TP-Processor11],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.custom.UITemplateData,isTemplateExists,475,Entered into isTemplateExists() method in add mode

[ Wed Apr 01 21:53:46 EDT 2009 ],INFO ,[TP-Processor11],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.ui.action.CustomTemplateAction,perform,297,Getting groups data UITemplateData class

[ Wed Apr 01 21:53:46 EDT 2009 ],INFO ,[TP-Processor11],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.custom.UITemplateData,getInventoryGroups,60,Entered getInventoryGroups

[ Wed Apr 01 21:53:46 EDT 2009 ],INFO ,[TP-Processor11],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.custom.UITemplateData,getInventoryGroups,86,Test = 20

[ Wed Apr 01 21:53:46 EDT 2009 ],INFO ,[TP-Processor11],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.ui.action.CustomTemplateAction,perform,308,Forwarding to from customTemplateActionInvRptTemplSummary

[ Wed Apr 01 21:53:49 EDT 2009 ],INFO ,[TP-Processor2],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.ui.action.CustomTemplateAction,perform,55,Entered into CustomTemplateAction class

[ Wed Apr 01 21:53:49 EDT 2009 ],INFO ,[TP-Processor2],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.ui.action.CustomTemplateAction,perform,78,Entered into custom templatesCreate

[ Wed Apr 01 21:53:49 EDT 2009 ],INFO ,[TP-Processor2],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.ui.action.CustomTemplateAction,perform,147,You clicked finish to complte your action

[ Wed Apr 01 21:53:49 EDT 2009 ],INFO ,[TP-Processor2],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.custom.QueryBuild,populateMappings,1344,executing finally block

[ Wed Apr 01 21:53:49 EDT 2009 ],INFO ,[TP-Processor2],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.custom.QueryBuild,getCriterion,66,getCriterion method called to construct Array of ReportCriterion Objects

[ Wed Apr 01 21:53:49 EDT 2009 ],ERROR,[TP-Processor2],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.ui.action.CustomTemplateAction,perform,165,Template could not store in database!

[ Wed Apr 01 21:53:49 EDT 2009 ],INFO ,[TP-Processor2],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.ui.action.CustomTemplateAction,perform,173,Forwarding to main screen /CriCrtm.do

[ Wed Apr 01 21:53:49 EDT 2009 ],INFO ,[TP-Processor2],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.custom.IRCrtmImpl,getCrtList,45,called getCrtList to get list of Inventory Custom Templates

[ Wed Apr 01 21:53:50 EDT 2009 ],INFO ,[TP-Processor2],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.custom.IRCrtmImpl,getCrtList,51,Connection is not null

[ Wed Apr 01 21:53:50 EDT 2009 ],INFO ,[TP-Processor2],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.custom.IRCrtmImpl,getCrtList,70,Number of templates returning: 2

Any ideas, the log file says :

Template could not store in database

but why and how to correct that.

Thanks.

Patrick Vignaud.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you missed to select a value for the 'Operator' and 'Value' fields while creating the rule.

It is interesting that the 'Add' button does not perform a syntax check on all the fields for the search string instead it seems that it is just checking for the 'Association' field not to be empty.

I assume you wanted to generate something like this if you left the operatorand value field empty:

System:System Object ID:equals:All

AND:Chassis:Chassis Model Name:equals:All

AND:Chassis:Chassis Version:equals:All

with this your rule should be valid.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's impossible to tell from this. You will need to enable InvReports and CRI debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Application Loglevel Settings, then reproduce the problem.

you missed to select a value for the 'Operator' and 'Value' fields while creating the rule.

It is interesting that the 'Add' button does not perform a syntax check on all the fields for the search string instead it seems that it is just checking for the 'Association' field not to be empty.

I assume you wanted to generate something like this if you left the operatorand value field empty:

System:System Object ID:equals:All

AND:Chassis:Chassis Model Name:equals:All

AND:Chassis:Chassis Version:equals:All

with this your rule should be valid.

Good catch. These rulesets are turned into an SQL query on the backend which clearly would fail when you leave out a value and operator:

SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE sysObjectID -- ERROR!

Correct.

I do this, because I use to do it in another version (2.5 or 2.6). I just make a test in a similar way on a 2.6 version and it works without equals all.

The 3.1 requires all fields.

Thanks.