If you modify the attributes of a job, it should not modify the global, ad hoc settings. However, if you want to update the global seed list, you should delete, and reschedule your job.
Ok. Next, when I try to delete the "global" seeds under seed device settings, they delete and I complete the configuration. Next time I go in to check to make sure the "global" seeds are gone, they are there again, they are not deleting. I am using CDP seeds as well and those are different. Why are these seeds not staying deleted?
Here are the steps:
Common Services-->Device & Credentials --> Device Discovery --> Discovery Settings --> Select Configure (at the bottom, to do all), Select CDP for module -->Seed Device Settings (CDP has 316 seeds recored) (Global has 303 records), Select all of Global records and Delete (they go away), --> Set SNMP settings --> Set Global Settings (Hostname, Update DCR Display, and Use Lookback) --> Finish...
Seems straightforward, but when I do the exact scenario again, the Global seeds are still there???? I'm not sure where it even get the IP's from? I initially set up the Global seeds with by importing a file....
I still can't reproduce. Please post your NMSROOT/conf/csdiscovery/CSDiscovery-config.xml. If you cannot post this file to the forum, please open a TAC service request with this information.
I found a way to get rid of it...I deleted all scheduled discoveries (I deleted through the GUI and on the server in /objects/csdiscovery dir. I saw that some of them had the Global Seeds defined) and then I went back through the previous scenario and it the Global Seeds were gone.
Seems it was getting read from a previous scheduled discovery???
Without seeing the config file I cannot say for certain. However, that is a likely option. I tried it again by messing with the scheduled jobs (i.e. I made sure my scheduled job had global seeds), but I still can't reproduce.
I looked at the config file and it did not have Global Seeds defined....weird...I even did a grep for any file that had one of the IP's I know I didn't want and only found them in the scheduled jobs....
There may be some session cross-contamination happening between the scheduled jobs and the global discovery settings. I tried with Firefox, and everything worked as expected, even after editing per-job settings.
If you want to try and reproduce again, add back the seeds to a job, and to the global settings. Then, remove them from the global settings, and restart your browser. See if they come back.