Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

LMS 3.1 Unknow device : WS-C2950G-24-EI

Hello,

I have an issue with one kind of device: WS-C2950G-24-EI. This kind of device appears as "Unknow device". When i look in Common services, i have got a small question mark icon next to the device.

Moreover, RME is not able to fetch the config.

Could you tell me if there is a way to upgrade LMS in order it recognized this kind of device ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Best Regards,

Adrien BOMBLE

• Network Management
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: LMS 3.1 Unknow device : WS-C2950G-24-EI

Yes, you can update your CiscoWorks component applications with device packages. Go to the CiscoWorks Homepage and select Common Services > Software Center > Device Update. Check the Resource Manager Essentials check box, and click Check for Updates.

See the supported devices table at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.1/device_support/table/lms31sdt.html

According to that table, the 2950G 24 E1 (sysObjectID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.428) is supported if it is running IOS 12.1.(11) EA1.

Hope this helps. Please rate helpful posts.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

What is the sysObjectID of this device?

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Yes, you can update your CiscoWorks component applications with device packages. Go to the CiscoWorks Homepage and select Common Services > Software Center > Device Update. Check the Resource Manager Essentials check box, and click Check for Updates.

See the supported devices table at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.1/device_support/table/lms31sdt.html

According to that table, the 2950G 24 E1 (sysObjectID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.428) is supported if it is running IOS 12.1.(11) EA1.

Hope this helps. Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks a lot for your response !

Best Regards,

Adrien BOMBLE

Views
Helpful
Replies