Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 upgrade 3.2 vlan.dat archive problem

EmanuelArghittu
Level 1
Level 1

hi to all,

i've a problem whit vlan.dat achiviation after lms upgrade:

my server is slave of two servers and I upgraded slave to LMS3.2 ver.  so after the upgrade it'snt able to archive the vlan.dat of all switches in DCA, the error message is as follows:

*** Device Details for  UP SW-CORE-A-4503e x.x.x.x ***

Protocol ==> Telnet

Selected Protocols with order ==> Telnet,TFTP,SSH,RCP,HTTPS

Execution Result:

CM0062 Polling UP SW-CORE-A-4503e x.x.x.x for changes to configuration.

CM0065 No change in PRIMARY STARTUP config, config fetch not required

CM0149 PRIMARY RUNNING config changed.

CM00 Polling not supported on VLAN RUNNING config, defaulting to fetch.

RUNNING

Primary Login Succeeded

/ Primary Enable Succeeded

CM0061 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS for UP SW-CORE-A-4503e x.x.x.x, no change in configuration.

VLAN

CM0151 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch failed for UP SW-CORE-A-4503e x.x.x.x Cause: Command failed

VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP.

Command failed

VLAN Config fetch is not supported using RCP.

Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.

I'd been verified the credential and I've just tested tftp connection with telnet lms credential and copy flash:vlan.dat tftp: command in the devices (positive)

but I still have same problem with archiviation.

so, I tested the lms credential in RME>DEVICES>DEVICE MANAGEMENT> Device Credential Verification Jobs

IT'S OK:

Device Name                          Read Community                  Read Write  Community               Telnet

1.UP SW-CORE-A-4503e x.x.x.x           Ok                                    Ok                                     Ok(Primary Successful)

I don't know what is the problem, I tried also to rediscover the devices in a standlone mode (negative)

please could someone help me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Seems like you are hitting bug CSCtc80794 where Vlan config fetch fails on multi home servers. So far this has been seen on Solaris but you are exhibiting the same behavior.  Using the work around as you explained is all you need to do .  This bug should be addressed in the upcoming release of LMS 4.0 .

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

Can you get the following information to help troubleshoot your issue with  Sync Archive ?

1. First enable debug under RME ---> Admin ---> System Preferences ---> Log Level Settings ---> select "Archive Mgmt" and change both values to "debug".

2. Create a sync archive job the device "UP SW-CORE-A-4503e and notates the job ID.

3. Get me the following logs:

• CSCOpx\log\dcmaclient.log
  • CSCOpx\log\dcmaservice.log
  • CSCOpx\files\rme\jobs\ArchiveMgmt\\ all contents in this directory.

4. Get the "show ver" of the device in question would be helpful ?

5. Go to Common Services --> Software Center --> Software Update and get a screen shot of this page.

Hi Neal,

thanks for your response

yesterday i've sniffed a traffic between new lms version and one switch of the customer's network.... surprise!!! after upgrade LMS 3.2 use the IP of another NIC of slave server......  however, I've find an escamotage, i've configured the correct IP in RME >  ADMIN > SYSTEM PREFERENCE > RME DEVICE ATTRIBUTES  >> " Natted RME IP Address" now all it's ok.

do you know where i can change the LMS association to server's IP (SO WINDOWS) ?

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP!

Seems like you are hitting bug CSCtc80794 where Vlan config fetch fails on multi home servers. So far this has been seen on Solaris but you are exhibiting the same behavior.  Using the work around as you explained is all you need to do .  This bug should be addressed in the upcoming release of LMS 4.0 .

Thank you very much Neal.

I owe you one favor

Emanuel, So were you actually Natting you Ciscowork IP or

did you just enter the IP which is associated to your Ciscoworks, as this is a bug?

I am have the same problem. In addition did you have to remove and re-add the device?

Thanks in advance for your response!

erick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: