cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 upgrade error

Margaret Tonso
Level 1
Level 1

I am receiving an error as soon as I double click the setup.exe on the LMS 3.1 DVD. We are currently on 3.0.1

An error (-5005: 0x80030309) has occurred while running the setup.

Please make sure you have finished and previous setup and closed other applications. if the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Cisco Systems Inc.

Details:

Error Code: -5005 : 0x80030309

Error Information:

>Kernel\KernelMedia.cpp (95)

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (836)

PAPP:CiscoWorks

PVENDOR:Cisco Systems Inc.

PGUID:11B8350D-559C-45BE-8EDC-A7B2DA265F7F

$14.0.0.162

@Windows Server2003 Service Pack 2 (3790) IE 7.0.6000.16827

I have no other programs running...any ideas why I would get this error?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this original media? If so, it is probably damaged, and you will need to get a replacement. If this is burned media, then get the original LMS 3.1 DVD, and try that.

It is original media. What is weird is I can attempt to install it on my system and it gets further into the install (system checks, etc) than when I try to install it on the server.

Then the DVD reader on the server may be bad. The error doesn't make sense for this DVD. It points to an encryption issue, but our DVD is not encrypted.

Do you have another DVD drive you can use on the server?

I burned the original media and started the install using the burned dvd. Seems to be working. Thanks for your response!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco