Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2.1 installation: Please advise of possible error in installation logs:

raza555
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Please advise about the error in the installation logs in the last line. i.e. WARNING: Mdf(1.32):Version 1.47 already installed. Is it something I have to worry about.

I think I have instal the patch cm5.2.1 and mistakenly press the execution file for it again, so installed the patch cm5.2.1 twice successfully. Then when I have installed the patch lms 3.2.1, I have received this warning.

Please advise that is it something to worry about?

I am pasting the last few lines for your consideration.

E:\Software\CW-UPDATES\ciscoworks_lms321_win_k9\ciscoworks_lms321_win_k9>set PATH=C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem;E:\CAPCIS~1\objects\smart

s\lib;E:\CAPCIS~1\objects\smarts\bin;E:\CAPCIS~1\campus\bin;E:\CAPCIS~1\MDC\tomcat\bin;E:\CAPCIS~1\MDC\Apache;E:\CAPCIS~1\MDC\Apache

\bin;E:\CAPCIS~1\MDC\jre\bin;E:\CAPCIS~1\MDC\bin;E:\CAPCIS~1\lib\jre\bin\server;E:\CAPCIS~1\objects\db\win32;E:\CAPCIS~1\bin;C:\WIND

OWS\System32;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\CAM\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;"E:\Pr

ogram Files\THINQ\Application Server\Client";C:\PROGRA~1\BMCSOF~1\common\globalc\bin\Windows-x86;C:\PROGRA~1\BMCSOF~1\Patrol3\bin;C:

\Program Files\BMC Software\Patrol3\BEST1\7.4.00\bgs\bin;C:\Program Files\CA\ITCM\DSM\bin;E:\CAPCIS~1\objects\wfengine\Program\procs

ys/;C:\WINDOWS\system32

E:\Software\CW-UPDATES\ciscoworks_lms321_win_k9\ciscoworks_lms321_win_k9>E:\CAPCIS~1\bin\perl.exe -IE:\CAPCIS~1\objects\perl5\lib E:

\CAPCIS~1\conf\cmf\bin\CMFAPP~1.PL 

INFO: CMFEnable.pl: wantSystem=1; wantNetwork=1;wantCore=0

INFO: [EnableAndDisableBundles] will SystemEnable::Enable

ProcCall: Start to enable system service...

E:\CAPCIS~1\objects\db\conf\configureApp.pl installing userinfo application.

ProcRetn: ...Done enabling system service.

INFO: [EnableAndDisableBundles] will NetworkEnable::Enable

INFO: Replacing Offline help with Online help...

INFO: Updating ACS Registration file ...

INFO: Backed up regdaemon.xml file successfully.

----- end of Reconfiguring CMF... protocol

Executing FINAL hooks

Starting Daemon Manager

INFO: Installation completed at: 15:59:21 ,Thu 11/17/2011  ,GMT Standard Time

===================- Possible Warnings/Errors Encountered -===================

WARNING: Automatic data backup do not happen during this installation. We recommend you to take a backup of data before starting this installation.

WARNING: Mdf(1.32):Version 1.47 already installed E:\Software\CW-UPDATES\ciscoworks_lms321_win_k9\ciscoworks_lms321_win_k9>set PATH=C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem;E:\CAPCIS~1\objects\smart
s\lib;E:\CAPCIS~1\objects\smarts\bin;E:\CAPCIS~1\campus\bin;E:\CAPCIS~1\MDC\tomcat\bin;E:\CAPCIS~1\MDC\Apache;E:\CAPCIS~1\MDC\Apache
\bin;E:\CAPCIS~1\MDC\jre\bin;E:\CAPCIS~1\MDC\bin;E:\CAPCIS~1\lib\jre\bin\server;E:\CAPCIS~1\objects\db\win32;E:\CAPCIS~1\bin;C:\WIND
OWS\System32;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\CAM\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;"E:\Pr
ogram Files\THINQ\Application Server\Client";C:\PROGRA~1\BMCSOF~1\common\globalc\bin\Windows-x86;C:\PROGRA~1\BMCSOF~1\Patrol3\bin;C:
\Program Files\BMC Software\Patrol3\BEST1\7.4.00\bgs\bin;C:\Program Files\CA\ITCM\DSM\bin;E:\CAPCIS~1\objects\wfengine\Program\procs
ys/;C:\WINDOWS\system32
E:\Software\CW-UPDATES\ciscoworks_lms321_win_k9\ciscoworks_lms321_win_k9>E:\CAPCIS~1\bin\perl.exe -IE:\CAPCIS~1\objects\perl5\lib E:
\CAPCIS~1\conf\cmf\bin\CMFAPP~1.PL 
INFO: CMFEnable.pl: wantSystem=1; wantNetwork=1;wantCore=0
INFO: [EnableAndDisableBundles] will SystemEnable::Enable
ProcCall: Start to enable system service...
E:\CAPCIS~1\objects\db\conf\configureApp.pl installing userinfo application.
ProcRetn: ...Done enabling system service.
INFO: [EnableAndDisableBundles] will NetworkEnable::Enable
INFO: Replacing Offline help with Online help...
INFO: Updating ACS Registration file ...
INFO: Backed up regdaemon.xml file successfully.
----- end of Reconfiguring CMF... protocol
Executing FINAL hooks
Starting Daemon Manager
INFO: Installation completed at: 15:59:21 ,Thu 11/17/2011  ,GMT Standard Time
===================- Possible Warnings/Errors Encountered -===================
WARNING: Automatic data backup do not happen during this installation. We recommend you to take a backup of data before starting this installation.
WARNING: Mdf(1.32):Version 1.47 already installed

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

the Mdf warning is just a warning and if this is the only thing you recognize you can savely ignore it. It just says that a higher version of the Mdf package is installed yet and Mdf 1.32 does not need to be installed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

the Mdf warning is just a warning and if this is the only thing you recognize you can savely ignore it. It just says that a higher version of the Mdf package is installed yet and Mdf 1.32 does not need to be installed.

Thanks Martin.

Kind Regards,

Rizwan