Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 and DFM 3.2 vs ASR voltage sensors

Martin Smid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have got a question about DFM and its thresholds. We have Cisco ASR 1000 routers and DFM keeps sending messages with the following description.

EVENT DESCRIPTION = OutOfRange::Component=VOLT-asr-router-02/9014 [V2: VMF F0/13];ComponentClass=VoltageSensor;ComponentEventCode=1080;Status=OK;entSensorValue=996;RelativeVoltageThreshold=0.0 %;CurrentValue=0.996;LowThreshold=1.0;HighThreshold=5.0;

When I execute sh environment it will list all the sensors and the particular sensor says 996 mV (just like LMS), but status is "Normal". The thresholds in DFM are defaults as they came already configured. The device packages have been updated to the latest versions as well.

Any tips or help with this?

Many thanks

13 Replies 13

KAROLY KOHEGYI
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

We got same message. Have you got any solution? ( except the unmanaged state in DFM  :-) )

Regards,

Hi,

nothing so far. I have done some digging and since this is a lot technical I can't find even usual and expected voltage levels on ASRs. I am afraid we will need to get TAC involved, but I am not how LMS engineers are going to help us if they need ASR knowledge

Hi,

Thanks the infos.

It is interesting that we have been using those two ASR since 2009. The first dfm alerts from both routers were appeared since 18. November when i installed the latest device package. But there are no devices update for DFM ??

Maybe Joe Clark will read this comments! :-)

Regards,

the symptom

OutOfRange

VOLT-192.168.153.210/9014 [V2: VMF F0/13]

Oh so you have been using DFM for a long time then I assume. I am just trying to get into DFM and

the whole notification world. But if you are saying the alerts were not generated before then maybe a slight error in the updates ?

I definitely hope Joe will take a look and let us now.

Good luck for DFM.

It is not a strongest part of LMS.

This is CSCtc18926.  TAC can provide you a patch.

Ace! Thank you. I will raise a TAC and let's see.

Hi, Thank also!

Just as a reminder, you can now open a TAC case directly from here using the Open Service  Request link in the Actions panel.

Yeah. I noticed that. I think that's a great idea, because usualy TAC engineers need to go over the same troubleshooting, which has already been done here and that can be a bit frustrating sometimes.

Joel,

Do you know if this is supposed to be fixed in LMS 4.1? I'm also having the same 0.996 reading creating a lot of events in DFM.

Thanks in advance,

Col

In LMS 4.x this is being tracked by CSCto53414 LMS 4.0 - DFM - Bogus OutOfRange messages for Voltage on ASR12V sensors.  My suggestion to all seeing this would be to get your account teams behind this as this is still ongoing to put some weight on it.

Joel,

Thank you. We have our AS Engineer helping us out

Regards,

Col

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco