cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 Apache 403 Error on CGI Scripts

Sean Gilkes
Level 1
Level 1

I've been chasing my tail for a couple of days now, and see no other option than to ask here.  It's probably something reall

y dumb that I'm just not seeing.

On a Windows 2008 server with SP1 LMS 3.2 is running fine (as long as no one uses stupid scripts ;o)) on a good day, but whenever I try to access any of the cgi scripts installed under Program Files/CSCOpx/cgi-bin it get the dreaded "You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/dbadmin/pdbadmin/nph-dbreader.pl on this server".  The httpd.conf section for the CGI handling is as follows:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "D:/PROGRA~2/CSCOpx/cgi-bin/"

<Directory "D:/PROGRA~2/CSCOpx/cgi-bin">

AllowOverride None

Options +ExecCGI

AddHandler cgi-script .pl

#ScriptInterpreterSource Registry-Strict

ScriptInterpreterSource Script

</Directory>

LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so

What I would like to know is what have I missed..?  You can see my first attempt by replacing the ScriptInterpreterSource from Registry-Script to the default, Script, to no avail...

Also, if I make any modifications to the httpd.conf file I cannot just restart the Apache daemon, I have to stop and start the daemon manager, otherwise no one can access the web login page: is that normal..?  As in the following:

The Apache daemon is restarted:

[Fri Dec 11 15:14:38 2009] [notice] Child 6088: Child process is running
[Fri Dec 11 15:14:38 2009] [notice] Child 6088: Acquired the start mutex.
[Fri Dec 11 15:14:38 2009] [notice] Child 6088: Starting 500 worker threads.
[Fri Dec 11 15:14:38 2009] [notice] Child 6088: Starting thread to listen on port 1741.
[Fri Dec 11 15:14:38 2009] [notice] Child 6088: Starting thread to listen on port 443.

Lots of the following messages appear in the error.log file:
[Fri Dec 11 15:14:38 2009] [error] [client 10.185.64.101] client denied by server configuration: com.cisco.nm.cmf.servlet.LwmsMainServlet
[Fri Dec 11 15:14:38 2009] [error] [client 10.185.64.101] client denied by server configuration: D:/Program Files/CSCOpx/cgi-bin/error/403.pl

Any help would be most appreciated...

Regards,

Sean

4 Replies 4

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

Try giving local casuser full permission on everything in the cgi-bin.

Should be by default  ..... but nevertheless

Also the script you mention needs you to be system administrator.

So login first as admin and then go there

And make a backup before you update anyhting.

Cheers,

Michel

CASUSERS has full access rights to the directory structure, and regardless of what CGI script I want to run, the outcome is always the same...

I have no expirience with the W2008 OS yet.

I get the impression it does things differently.

If you know the casuser password, I asume you can try to log onto the server and try an run the perl script in a dos box.

Maybe it will provide a clue.

if you don't know the casuser password you can set it using CSCOpx\bin\resetpasswd.exe.

Cheers,

Michel

The access rights are fine and the perl scripts run in a DOS window, so my guess is that the entries in the httpd.conf  file are not correct - although I cannot imagine what could be wrong...  I guess I'll have to open a TAC incident...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: