Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LMS 3.2 Apache 403 Error on CGI Scripts

I've been chasing my tail for a couple of days now, and see no other option than to ask here.  It's probably something reall

y dumb that I'm just not seeing.

On a Windows 2008 server with SP1 LMS 3.2 is running fine (as long as no one uses stupid scripts ;o)) on a good day, but whenever I try to access any of the cgi scripts installed under Program Files/CSCOpx/cgi-bin it get the dreaded "You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/dbadmin/pdbadmin/nph-dbreader.pl on this server".  The httpd.conf section for the CGI handling is as follows:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "D:/PROGRA~2/CSCOpx/cgi-bin/"

<Directory "D:/PROGRA~2/CSCOpx/cgi-bin">

AllowOverride None

Options +ExecCGI

AddHandler cgi-script .pl

#ScriptInterpreterSource Registry-Strict

ScriptInterpreterSource Script

</Directory>

LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so

What I would like to know is what have I missed..?  You can see my first attempt by replacing the ScriptInterpreterSource from Registry-Script to the default, Script, to no avail...

Also, if I make any modifications to the httpd.conf file I cannot just restart the Apache daemon, I have to stop and start the daemon manager, otherwise no one can access the web login page: is that normal..?  As in the following:

The Apache daemon is restarted:

[Fri Dec 11 15:14:38 2009] [notice] Child 6088: Child process is running
[Fri Dec 11 15:14:38 2009] [notice] Child 6088: Acquired the start mutex.
[Fri Dec 11 15:14:38 2009] [notice] Child 6088: Starting 500 worker threads.
[Fri Dec 11 15:14:38 2009] [notice] Child 6088: Starting thread to listen on port 1741.
[Fri Dec 11 15:14:38 2009] [notice] Child 6088: Starting thread to listen on port 443.

Lots of the following messages appear in the error.log file:
[Fri Dec 11 15:14:38 2009] [error] [client 10.185.64.101] client denied by server configuration: com.cisco.nm.cmf.servlet.LwmsMainServlet
[Fri Dec 11 15:14:38 2009] [error] [client 10.185.64.101] client denied by server configuration: D:/Program Files/CSCOpx/cgi-bin/error/403.pl

Any help would be most appreciated...

Regards,

Sean

4 REPLIES

Re: LMS 3.2 Apache 403 Error on CGI Scripts

Try giving local casuser full permission on everything in the cgi-bin.

Should be by default  ..... but nevertheless

Also the script you mention needs you to be system administrator.

So login first as admin and then go there

And make a backup before you update anyhting.

Cheers,

Michel

CASUSERS has full access rights to the directory structure, and regardless of what CGI script I want to run, the outcome is always the same...

I have no expirience with the W2008 OS yet.

I get the impression it does things differently.

If you know the casuser password, I asume you can try to log onto the server and try an run the perl script in a dos box.

Maybe it will provide a clue.

if you don't know the casuser password you can set it using CSCOpx\bin\resetpasswd.exe.

Cheers,

Michel

The access rights are fine and the perl scripts run in a DOS window, so my guess is that the entries in the httpd.conf  file are not correct - although I cannot imagine what could be wrong...  I guess I'll have to open a TAC incident...

Views
Helpful
Replies