Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

LMS 3.2 Device Identificaiton 3750

Hey everyone.

I noticed that all my 3750s, even though some are standalone, are recognized as 3750 Stack by LMS 3.2 (and 2.6 for that matter). This isnt really an issue for most things, but i'm running int a problem when it comes to baseline template configuration. Some of my sites have 24-port 3750s that are configured as:

Ports 1-4 Voice Only

Ports 5-20 Voice and Data

Ports 21-23 Data only

Port 24 uplink

I have a bunch of 48 port units out there configured simliarily:

Ports 1-4 Voice Only

Ports 5-43 Voice and Data

Ports 44-47 Data only

Port 48 uplink

I would like to just tell CW to do a compliance check on all my switches without having to worry about which ones are 24 and which are 48, but would like to ensure they comply with this standard config. I tried setting the template to only apply to say 3750-48PS or only to 3750-24PS, but when I try to run the compliance check, it alerts me that there are no devices that match that criteria.

Is what I'm trying to do possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: LMS 3.2 Device Identificaiton 3750

By default, all 3750 devices advertise the same sysObjectID. If you want to manage them as standalone switches, you have to change the sysObjectID using the command:

no snmp-server sysobjectid type stack-oid

Then reload, remove the devices from DCR, and re-add them.

An alternative approach to this is to key off of some other attribute such as hostname, sysLocation, etc.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

By default, all 3750 devices advertise the same sysObjectID. If you want to manage them as standalone switches, you have to change the sysObjectID using the command:

no snmp-server sysobjectid type stack-oid

Then reload, remove the devices from DCR, and re-add them.

An alternative approach to this is to key off of some other attribute such as hostname, sysLocation, etc.

Bronze

As always, you answer my question flawlessly. You're definitely an asset to NetPro! Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies