Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 DFM and PPP interface traps

gavurnik
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problems with traps from PPP links. Traps are corectly send from device, LMS server receive traps, but these traps are not displayed in DFM. I'm using SNMPv2c (SNMPv3 doesn't work properly). Information about link down is corectly diplayed in DFM syslog, but I have not any informations in a Fault History.

Can you help me?

Regards,

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DFM doesn't process link down traps except to determine if a link is flapping.  You will not see link down traps in the DFM Alerts and Activities Display.  Instead, DFM will use SNMP and ICMP polling to determine if an interface goes down.  This will not happen for all interface types, though. These PPP interfaces may be learned as dial-on-demand interfaces by DFM, and thus will not report when they go down.  If these links should be up all the time, then you will need to customize an interface group in DFM to match these interfaces, then enable the desired threshold information for these interfaces.  You will still not see link down traps in DFM, but DFM should show OperationallyDown events in AAD based on the polling it does.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DFM doesn't process link down traps except to determine if a link is flapping.  You will not see link down traps in the DFM Alerts and Activities Display.  Instead, DFM will use SNMP and ICMP polling to determine if an interface goes down.  This will not happen for all interface types, though. These PPP interfaces may be learned as dial-on-demand interfaces by DFM, and thus will not report when they go down.  If these links should be up all the time, then you will need to customize an interface group in DFM to match these interfaces, then enable the desired threshold information for these interfaces.  You will still not see link down traps in DFM, but DFM should show OperationallyDown events in AAD based on the polling it does.

Thank you for your post.

You are right, it works fine. We have OperationalDown Events in ADD, that is OK.

Thank you for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: