Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 DFM email notification problem

p.imre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an issues with DFM email notifications in a newly installed LMS 3.2. The problem is that I can see the alerts appearing on Alerts&Activities, but no email arrives. The used SMTP server is working - another applications able to send email notifications via it. My question is which logfiles can give me some information what is the root cause of this problem?

Thanks,

Imre

30 Replies 30

I know those bugs are not affecting you.  I filed them.  I need to see the new logs.

Hi Joe,

Here are the uploaded log files.

Regards,

Imre

ps: How exactly this notification services works? Can you shortly explain it to me? What process or script do the email sending, etc. Is it possible, that some Windows related thing causes the issue? AV or some missing Windows component?

Sorry, nosserver.log is missing. Here it is.

Imre

I see a bug here, but it's not clear why you are seeing and no one else.  If you open a service request with TAC, I can provide you a patch to test.  Have your engineer contact me directly to get the patch.

Oh, it sounds great   I spent a lot of time to try to find out what is the problem. I searched the Bud toolkit, but cannot find LMS 3.2 at all... so I am unable to find the mentioned bug. Can you please send me the bug ID? I will contact with TAC, and ask the engineer to get contact with you for the patch.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Imre

The bug ID does not exist yet.  This is a new bug, and as I said, I am not sure why everyone is not seeing this.  More analysis needs to be done which is why I suggested you open a TAC service request.

One more update: VIa the same SMTP server I can get email notification from the other moduls of LMS, e.g. CS sends me email about a successful backup. I checked the other notification types agaai, and I can see, that there is no snmp notification, while SNMP trap forwarding works...

Hi there,

Was this challenge resolved? Is it possible to post the source of it and solution?

I ended up filing CSCtg43956 for this issue.  My patch has been successful for customers so far.  The patch is available by contacting TAC.

Hi Clarke,

I am having a small quick question.

We are running LMS 3.2

And getting email notifications too. BUt they are so many.

We need to filter it out. Now we get minimum 200 emails from LMS DFM regarding various issues.

Its hard to find out whihc one is critical.

Could you pls help me in filtering this ?

-Shaf

vialves
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi everyone.

I'm hitting the exact same issue, but  I'm running on LMS 2.6, with  DFM 2.0.10. Looked at Bug Toolkit, but I  couldn't find any good information there. Could it be possible to be the same bug?

Thanks in advance.

No.  Start a new thread for your specific issue.

Hi Joe,

I just want to inform you, that there is still some poblem with DFM Notificaiton services. The patch was good, but after a while notification sending stopped. LMS was restarted twice since the last email arrived, and there is no email, but there is Alerts in DFM. I have the sam situation earlier wit LMS 3.1, for that issu TAC was unable to find a solution. Any idea what should be checked? I will contact with Nadi Hamarneh as well again to  reopen the case.

Thanks for any updates,

Regards:

Imre

Yes, definitely reopen the SR.  The TAC engineer will collect the nos.log which should provide a starting point for further troubleshooting.

Hi Joe,

As I havet the same problem and already installed the patch it did not resolved my problem

The patch I installed is :

ProcessEPMDataManager$EpmDataQueueItem$epmAlarmHistory.class

ProcessEPMDataManager$EpmDataQueueItem$epmConditionHistory.class

ProcessEPMDataManager$EpmDataQueueItem$epmEventProperties.class

ProcessEPMDataManager$EpmDataQueueItem.class

ProcessEPMDataManager.class

nos.jar

After net starting the crmdmgtd still the same issue

The devises are all within KNOWN state but if you look in the notification set up the error message state that the devices are not KNOWN state within the DFM.

Any Clue?

Thanks in advance,

Ron.W

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: