cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 Error when editing device identity

mburrell5
Level 1
Level 1

When trying to edit device details in Device Identity the error "Internal error in communication channel" pops up. Any ideas what this is caused by?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paulhowlett_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, this sounds like a problem with the ctm.jar files in the following locations:

NMSRoot/MDC/tomcat/shared/lib/

NMSRoot/MDC/tomcat/webapps/'application-name'/WEB-INF/lib/ where 'application-name' is for all of the installed apps.

The ctm.jar file can be provided by the TAC, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to provide it here.

This problem apparently happens with installs on servers with two or more CPUs.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Thats correct, it sounds like you are seeing BugId CSCtd07131, but you need to contact TAC to get the patch:

CSCtd07131            Bug Details

DCR operations fail with communication error
Symptom:

Device Credential Repository operations such as adding devices, modifying device credentials, deleting devices, etc. fail with the following error:

Error in communication channel

Additionally, in a DCR master/slave configuration, the slave may report that the master server is unreachable when it is not.

Conditions:

This is typically seen on faster multi-processor Windows servers.

Workaround:

There is no workaround

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?caller=pluginredirector&method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtd07131

TAC can provide a patch if you refer to the BugID, but check the MD5 of ctm.jar because it seems that there are several versions of this file. The MD5 should be 1e8424297343b3a480e93a07cc6cd1eb

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paulhowlett_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, this sounds like a problem with the ctm.jar files in the following locations:

NMSRoot/MDC/tomcat/shared/lib/

NMSRoot/MDC/tomcat/webapps/'application-name'/WEB-INF/lib/ where 'application-name' is for all of the installed apps.

The ctm.jar file can be provided by the TAC, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to provide it here.

This problem apparently happens with installs on servers with two or more CPUs.

Hope this helps.

Thats correct, it sounds like you are seeing BugId CSCtd07131, but you need to contact TAC to get the patch:

CSCtd07131            Bug Details

DCR operations fail with communication error
Symptom:

Device Credential Repository operations such as adding devices, modifying device credentials, deleting devices, etc. fail with the following error:

Error in communication channel

Additionally, in a DCR master/slave configuration, the slave may report that the master server is unreachable when it is not.

Conditions:

This is typically seen on faster multi-processor Windows servers.

Workaround:

There is no workaround

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?caller=pluginredirector&method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtd07131

TAC can provide a patch if you refer to the BugID, but check the MD5 of ctm.jar because it seems that there are several versions of this file. The MD5 should be 1e8424297343b3a480e93a07cc6cd1eb

Thanks for the info guys, i will log a TAC case

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: