Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 information ?

dainat-bis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

in the End-of-Live Annoncement of the LMS3.0 it is advised to update to LMS 3.2, but until now I couldn't find some information on the cisco website about it.

I have some questions about LMS 3.2.

1. What new features will be integrated in LMS3.2

2. Is it possible for customers with the actual LMS3.1 to download the new version or will the new version again ( like 3.1 ) only available as physical DVD media ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS 3.2 will offer a new portal interface with read-only and default views, linkable and embedable portlets. We will be adding support for High Availability based on Veritas clustering. Windows 2008 Server support has been added. We will be offering direct database access to some RME, DFM, and Campus Manager data. Common Services offers multiply default credential sets with the ability to configure rules on how the default credential sets will be used. More IPv6 support has been added. A maximum of 200 user-define groups has been added instead of the previous 100. RME will off port and module based flows in Netconfig. There will be more integration with RME and technologies such as EEM and Smart Call Home. A new application is being added, Virtual Network Manager, which allows for management of VRF-lite networks.

LMS 3.2 will be a DVD which is free for contracted LMS 3.x users.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS 3.2 will offer a new portal interface with read-only and default views, linkable and embedable portlets. We will be adding support for High Availability based on Veritas clustering. Windows 2008 Server support has been added. We will be offering direct database access to some RME, DFM, and Campus Manager data. Common Services offers multiply default credential sets with the ability to configure rules on how the default credential sets will be used. More IPv6 support has been added. A maximum of 200 user-define groups has been added instead of the previous 100. RME will off port and module based flows in Netconfig. There will be more integration with RME and technologies such as EEM and Smart Call Home. A new application is being added, Virtual Network Manager, which allows for management of VRF-lite networks.

LMS 3.2 will be a DVD which is free for contracted LMS 3.x users.

When will 3.2 be available? I used to get the partner monthly webcast invites but haven't seen the LMS roadmap lately.

I thought support for VRF's were going to be available this summer?

Thanks Joe!

LMS 3.2 should start shipping by late June. Support for VRF-lite (not MPLS VRFs) will be available as part of the VNM module in LMS 3.2.

I amtrying to use VNM for 3750 switches. When I run the report, VNM says 3750 is supported in hardware and software requires an upgarde, though I am running the latest IOS image.

A screenshot of the VNM report is attached.

Can anyone suggest what would be the issue; I am ssuspecting the support for this platform is not still available.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Shine

I amtrying to use VNM for 3750 switches. When I run the report, VNM says 3750 is supported in hardware and software requires an upgarde, though I am running the latest IOS image.

A screenshot of the VNM report is attached.

Can anyone suggest what would be the issue; I am ssuspecting the support for this platform is not still available.

Thanks in advance,

Shine

Please start a new thread for your issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: