Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 not reflecting syslogs for ACE20-mod-k9 in portal

Abhijeet Karve
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends,

Recently we have added cisco 6513 switch in ciscoworks which is having ACE30-mod-k9 module in it. now for any events syslog messages are logged in syslog.log file of my ciscoworks server but not reflecting in my ciscoworks portal. i can see the syslog alearts in syslog.log file.

also email notifications i m not getting for the same though email credentials are mentioned in SYSLOG automated actions in RME.

Thnx,

Abhijeet

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Interesting. According to the ACE software documentation the ACE family does generate syslog messages in the required emblem format. Have you specified logging in emblem format per the following command syntax:

logging host ip_address [tcp | udp [/port#]} | [default-udp] | [format emblem]]]

?

BTW, are you talking about an ACE-30 (as in the body of your post) or ACE-20 (as in the post title). I do note the the ACE-30 (released only this year) is not on the supported devices list for LMS3.2 (or for that matter even the list for LMS 4.1). I wonder if that could be an issue for you (although it shouldn't be just for syslog parsing if the messages are coming in in the proper emblem format). Can you check if the ACE-30 sysObjectID is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.730?

Hope this helps.

Hi mklemovitch,

As per you suggested we tried but stil issue remains the same. is there any tactic through which we can troubleshoot the problem exactly.?

Thnx,

Abhijeet

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: