Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 not working after QPM install

CJasztrabTMW
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Today I installed LMS3.2 without any issues.  After a reboot I installed QPM4.1 ontop of this installation.  Now when I try to get into the CW portal I get the following error after the login screen.

HTTP Status 404 - /cwportal/c/portal/login

type Status report

message /cwportal/c/portal/login

description The requested resource (/cwportal/c/portal/login) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/5.5.17

I am not sure how to troubleshoo this.  So far i've tried a reboot and i've tried stopping/starting the crmdmgtd service.  Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

QPM 4.1 and LMS 3.2 are incompatible.  QPM 4.1 requires Common Services 3.2, and LMS 3.2 provides Common Services 3.3.  You have damaged both installations.  You will need to remove both from this server, then install the product you want.  The other product will have to go onto a second server.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

QPM 4.1 and LMS 3.2 are incompatible.  QPM 4.1 requires Common Services 3.2, and LMS 3.2 provides Common Services 3.3.  You have damaged both installations.  You will need to remove both from this server, then install the product you want.  The other product will have to go onto a second server.

Hi there,

I have currently received the same error message and appreciate the provided resolution for this QPM-LMS Incompatibility. However before I go ahead and setup a dedicated server for each; QPM 4.1 and LMS 3.2 , I wanted to inquire if there was a more recent fix for this issue that may enable them to run on the same common services package on the same server. The reason is it has been a year since the date the solution was provided (Jan 18, 2010 1:33 PM)

Many thanks for your continued incite and expertise

cheers,

Blair

No, LMS 3.2 and QPM 4.1 are still incompatible.  QPM 4.1 is still the latest release, so there is not a newer release that adds compatibility for newer versions of LMS.  The dedicate server option is still the only way to go.

Thanks for the swift reply

The only possibility for LMS & QPM co-existence is with LMS 3.1.

But you may try to create a master-slave setup with one Server with LMS 3.1+OPM and another with LMS 3.2 to keep a benefit of both!!

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **