Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 - restorebackup.pl issues with /var permissions on Solaris 10

eidumsigfrid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been attempting a restore using the restorebackup.pl script but it was repeatedly failing 70% of the way through the RME restore.

I discovered that the script was changing the directory permissions for /var and /var/adm from root:sys 755 to root:root 700 causing the restart of daemons to fail because of denied permissions.

What could be causing this change in permissions to /var and /var/adm to occur? Is it an error with the script?

I was able to successfully restore using the restorebackup.pl script after changing the /var and /var/adm permissions back to root:sys 755 BUT only after the restorebackup script had changed them to root:root 700 during execution.

The failed log is attached.

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no where in the restore code where anything is explicitly chmod'd to 0700.  In fact, the RME restore code will attempt to preserve ownership of /var and /var/adm.  Perhaps the permissions in your RME filebackup.tar file are already 0700 for /var and /var/adm?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: