cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 - RME 4.3.1 Inventory Collection never stops (Job Result = pending)

lo.mueller
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

with our LMS-System running on Solaris 10 we have the following problem:

- Inventory Collection never stops after starting

- This can be seen with all devices or 1 device selected

- Config-Mgmt is working

- After re-init of RME-DB the problem persists

In Logfile (IC_Server.log) no problems are shown.

In Job-Logfile only the collection request is shown.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks for your feedback

Lothar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The original bug was CSCta26477.  My patch for that bug was good, but the code that made it into RME 4.3 was bad.  Therefore, I had to file

CSCtb16925.  The fix for that bug will solve all issues with NumberFormatExceptions seen during inventory collection.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When this happens, before restarting anything, get the PID of ICServer using the pdshow command.  Then run:

kill -QUIT PID

Then post the daemons.log.

Hello Joe,

please find attached the daemons.log-file after performing QUIT-Signal to ICServer.

Scheduled Inventory Collection runs for about 5 hours resulting in all devices

in status not attemped

Thanks for your support

Lothar

This looks healthy.  I don't see anything stuck in ICServer.  Repeat the same process for the PID of the running inventory collection job.  It could be that ICServer finishes, but the job VM doesn't know about it.

Hi Joe,

with further troubleshooting this problem I discoverd the following.

- Having problems with inventoring certain Cat4000 we requested patch for Bug-ID CSCtb16925 (LibInventory.zip-File).

- Replacing this file with the old one or installing the newest IDU for RME the problem was solved.

It seems that the LibInventory.zip file given with Bug-ID CSCtb16925 is somewhat buggy (maybe in context with device-number) greater

than 1000.

Thanks for your support.

Lothar

The original bug was CSCta26477.  My patch for that bug was good, but the code that made it into RME 4.3 was bad.  Therefore, I had to file

CSCtb16925.  The fix for that bug will solve all issues with NumberFormatExceptions seen during inventory collection.

Hi Joe,

thanks for the update.

I now updated RME with the newest Device IDU (good to see this package again) and the problem

seems to be solved.

Do you know if these IDUs will be put on FTP (ftp-sj.cisco.com), as they are acutally not available?

Many thanks and all the best

Lothar

To my knowledge, publishing only happens to the Cisco.com Software Center, and to the database which LMS uses to know about new updates.  I'm not sure if they are continuing to do the FTP sync under the new Cisco.com Software Center layout.