Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 / RME-SWIM error

ebezombes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When there is not enough space on swap device for old ios and new one, swim failed to upgrade to new one. Is it a normal behaviour ?

When there is not enough space for both ios, does LMS is able to delete the old one before upgrade the new one ?

We work with router 2610.

Current SYSTEM SW : 12.3(11)T2 ( File Name : D12311T2.SPS )
Upgrading SYSTEM SW : 12.4(6)T ( File Name : D1246T.SPS )
Flash Target: flash:1:D1246T.SPS.

When there is enough space for both ios, swim works.

Thanks, Elisabeth

5 Replies 5

slash281990
Level 1
Level 1

What abaout to make a clean install?

To format the flash and isntall the new IOS

You are right, but customer would like to understand why it failed, is it a normal behaviour ?

Thanks, Elisabeth

So, i think it is normal that it says so, cause it has a image kept of his standard IOS and when you reset your router it automaticaly reinstall the IOS,

so I think you should try to buy another card with more memory or just try to delete the instalation image of the IOS and replace it with your upgraded one (stable), and reset the switch, after that automatically to install from the image.

I made an error, this question is about LMS 2.6 not LMS 3.2.

ebezombes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I don't understand why LMS 2.6 is able to delete file from flash if there is not enought space for device except for 2610.

Here you can fiond comments from ios upgrade for c2800:

Require Flash Erase to load the new image...
Deleting all files greater than 1MB from flash
Delete is successful and Sufficient free space is available in the flash.

Thanks, Elisabeth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: