Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 schedule backup of device fail

Hi

I am facing a problem where LMS 3.2 schedule backup of the device configuration is failing ( auto backup)

However when i take a manual backup config using the same LMS the backup is working.

I m using LMS 3.2.

Help is really appreceiated.

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume you are referring to configuration collection as opposed to the LMS server backup.  What errors do you see during the failing system collection?  What type of devices are failing during the system collection?

Yes LMS is not able to backup the configuration of the devices, However manual bakup is working.

Can you plz let us know as what all loggs needs to be collected and how?

What all other configuration needs to be checked.

Thanks

Rupam

Hi

I m attaching the RME loggs.

Hope this will help.

I

Nothing is attached.  However, I first need to know the device types, and the specific errors you see relating to those device failures.

Hi

I am getting the following error:

Execution result:
unable to get results of job execution for device. retry the job after increasing the job result await time using the option. Reource manager Essential > Admin>configt Mgmt> Archive mgmt > Fetch setting

However i have serached and found that there is a bug related to that i have also applied the woraround but still problem is there.

Bug is reffered: CSCsv95235

Can you plz help in getting a solution for that as workarund of bug is ot working.

I am attachig the RME loggs and other required loggs.

Thanks

Do you have any WLC devices in your network?

--

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com

Again yesterday i have restarted the Daemon manager and it started working....

But when we have scheduled the backup from RME Admin page for around 400 device yesterday night , today we checked and found that the job is missing from the job management window and in the backup folder only 32 device are backed up.

Can someone plz help in getting this resolved.

Are there is anything helpfule in the previous attached logggssssss

Can antivirus and ethernet drops can be te reason of this problem

Also there is no wlc on the LMS

Hi

This has been almost resolved , The problem is in the polling we havr not configured the polling hence as polling is not there when 400 devie are backed up the LMS server are not able to process the task and give anf failed result,

However thanks foy your inputs..........

You will need to get a thread dump of the ConfigMgmtServer process so this can be analyzed further.  Open a Service Request with TAC, and they can walk you through the steps.  It may be an issue I have recently fixed, and if so, TAC can also provide you with the patch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: