Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 Scheduled Backups

Hi Guys,

I have LMS 3.2, I'm doing periodic configuration backups for the devices added to LMS which are switches, firewalls and Wireless LAN controllers. I did an immediate backup to check if it's working properly and the backup was stored in Backup\0\ directory but when browsing there I found the folders shown in the snapshot attached. When browsing through "rmeng" folder I found the "filebackup.tar" I checked this folder and browsed through this path:

\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\files\rme\dcma\shadow\Switches_and_Hubs\PRIMARY

I found the configuration backup there for the devices but when opening in text file they were like rubbish values and not an organized backup. Why that happens? Why LMS don't generate the configuration backups normally? or Am I doing something wrong here?>

Thanks in advance,

Mohammad

2 Replies 2

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohammad,

config backup path is correct :: \PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\files\rme\dcma\shadow\Switches_and_Hubs\PRIMARY

Did you tried opening in and Editor like notepad++

Thanks-

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afrahmad,

Thanks for your help. Yes, it seems to be something like that. I'm heading to customer site today and will check.

Regards,

Mohammad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: