Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2: Software Distribution - Generic Error

mwynen
Level 1
Level 1

Hy.

I need to roll out an IOS on r.a. 250 devices. But when I try to distribute any software image via RME I always get the same error. I'm unable to start the job because in step one after selecting image and devices I get "failure" for all devices. When I click on "failure" a pop-up window opens telling me "generic error". Please have a look at the attached screenshot.

What does this mean and how can I fix this? This is really urgent!

All devices are completely managable (and managed) by the LMS.

Thank in advance!

Marc

11 Replies 11

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

Which IOS image are you trying to deploy and which device ?

Go to Common Services --> Software Center --> Software Update and provide screenshot.

Go to RME --> Admin --> Software Management ---> View/Edit Software Prefrences and check to see if "Include Cisco.com image "  for recommendation is selected.  If not, check them.

Try a different image that is higher that the current one and or use a GD image.

Hy.

We have to use c2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-44.SE3.bin with Catalyst 2960 switches. But we have the same effect with c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-44.SE3.bin and Catalyst 3560 switches.

The IOS is a customers requirement!

I've checked the "Include Cisco.com image" box and tried it again. The result is the same as before.

You can find the screenshot of the software-center attached.

cheers

Marc

enable SoftwareMgmt debugging in RME > Admin > System Preferences > Application Log Level Settings start the job and post the output of NMSROOT\log\swim_debug.log

I've activated debugging, but as I told you before I can't start the job. Nevertheless you can see inside of this log that I was trying to and got an error.

Needed to zip it because it was much too big.

cheers

Marc

please post a screenshot of RME --> Admin --> Software Management ---> View/Edit Software Prefrences

Here it is.

so you have ssh enabled on the devices and DCR
has the credentials in its database?

Sorry, - but have you yet loaded the images into the SWIM repository of RME ?

Yes, the credentials are stored in the repository and the creden tials check is successfull for all devices.

See a screenshot of the repository. I've checked the two IOS images i was tralking about earlier.

cheers

Marc

No more ideas?

in one of the logs I see an error when the process trys to read the repository  but I do not see why - perhaps it is a device package problem or a bug with one of the dev.pkgs..-

I am sorry but I will be on vacation the next 3 weeks - so hopefully somebody else jumps in ...

Hello,

you were able to found the root cause?

Best regards,

Norberto