Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2: Software Distribution - Generic Error

mwynen
Level 1
Level 1

Hy.

I need to roll out an IOS on r.a. 250 devices. But when I try to distribute any software image via RME I always get the same error. I'm unable to start the job because in step one after selecting image and devices I get "failure" for all devices. When I click on "failure" a pop-up window opens telling me "generic error". Please have a look at the attached screenshot.

What does this mean and how can I fix this? This is really urgent!

All devices are completely managable (and managed) by the LMS.

Thank in advance!

Marc

11 Replies 11

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

Which IOS image are you trying to deploy and which device ?

Go to Common Services --> Software Center --> Software Update and provide screenshot.

Go to RME --> Admin --> Software Management ---> View/Edit Software Prefrences and check to see if "Include Cisco.com image "  for recommendation is selected.  If not, check them.

Try a different image that is higher that the current one and or use a GD image.

Hy.

We have to use c2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-44.SE3.bin with Catalyst 2960 switches. But we have the same effect with c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-44.SE3.bin and Catalyst 3560 switches.

The IOS is a customers requirement!

I've checked the "Include Cisco.com image" box and tried it again. The result is the same as before.

You can find the screenshot of the software-center attached.

cheers

Marc

enable SoftwareMgmt debugging in RME > Admin > System Preferences > Application Log Level Settings start the job and post the output of NMSROOT\log\swim_debug.log

I've activated debugging, but as I told you before I can't start the job. Nevertheless you can see inside of this log that I was trying to and got an error.

Needed to zip it because it was much too big.

cheers

Marc

please post a screenshot of RME --> Admin --> Software Management ---> View/Edit Software Prefrences

Here it is.

so you have ssh enabled on the devices and DCR
has the credentials in its database?

Sorry, - but have you yet loaded the images into the SWIM repository of RME ?

Yes, the credentials are stored in the repository and the creden tials check is successfull for all devices.

See a screenshot of the repository. I've checked the two IOS images i was tralking about earlier.

cheers

Marc

No more ideas?

in one of the logs I see an error when the process trys to read the repository  but I do not see why - perhaps it is a device package problem or a bug with one of the dev.pkgs..-

I am sorry but I will be on vacation the next 3 weeks - so hopefully somebody else jumps in ...

Hello,

you were able to found the root cause?

Best regards,

Norberto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: